translate

Saturday 1 February 2014

SMILE, IT'S SATURDAY


 Well, teen now gone out, Hub in bed ill, and me? I’m chatting to you.

A joke I shared with friends today is

A Sunday school teacher asked her little children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

 

Out of the mouths of babes. Kids are so funny. One of many regrets I have in my life was I didn’t make a record of the funny things my Son said as a child. When he was one, I lost my sight, so it was difficult enough sorting out nappy changing and bottles, not at the same time of course, haha. Just looking after my child on my own, without the help of anyone, so I guess the thought of writing down anything in those days was a bit like at the back of the queue!

I also didn’t have a computer. And I had never heard of jaws, the software which makes my computer talk.

Thank God, one thing I learned at school was to touch type, so I still remembered that for when the time came I did want to pick up words again.

I am starving. I am doing my best on trying to get healthier, I don’t know if I  told you, but I say I am going to lose weight all of the time, but never do, now I am saying I want to be healthy. My body is starting to creak, like an old plank in a dilapidated house. Haha.

 Oh I have an excited fire burning in my stomach. I have huge worries about my Son, but something huge is about to happen and I don’t know what it is so far. It’s the anticipation I feel anxious but it’s a nice feeling.

OK, now I have to go out into that bitter February afternoon, and though it is almost dark, I will clean the dog run. It doesn’t matter if I can see or not, does it?

With Valentine’s Day coming up, I have a lot of poems to write too. If anyone want s me to write one for them, please get in touch?

Until later, here is another joke to hopefully turn your frown upside down.

On the first day of college, the Dean addressed the students:

"The female dormitory is out-of-bounds for all male students, and the male dormitory to the female students. Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined £20 the first time. The second time you will be fined £60. A third time will cost you a fine of £180. Are there any questions?"

A male student inquired,

 "How much for a season pass?"

 

No comments: