translate

Tuesday 25 February 2014

FLOODED


Good morning Bloggets. The sun is shining and it’s mild outside. Who would think that a week ago, people in parts of England were having to live on the top floor of their houses, to escape the floods? They were the lucky ones. Most people in those parts had to vacate their homes, leaving everything behind them. The weather is like the sea. So changeable. One day can be so tranquil, calm ripples dance along the top of glass like water, with crystals of diamond like particles of salt glistening to the white lines of marshmallow tides. Making a hushing sound, as it kisses the sands on golden beaches, occasionally gentle marbles of stones and shells are taken on a cruise along the bays, clacking against driftwood which has been on another day, dragged, rounded and smashed forcing it’s way against and through castles of crushed children’s creative minds.

The agressive sea now. Roaring furiously, like an angry army going to a war of revenge, where the battle will commence. Climbing over all life to get to the victims of a bloody violent crisis, claiming lives. Tearing and ripping, like raping and abusing absolutely everyone in sight.

 And then, back to calm blissful bays.

The thing is, looking now, at the damage that the weather has caused for those poor people, it will take months if not forever to repair.

I mean, how can you repair a broken heart?

Your children’s photos are gone. Your wedding pictures are gone photos and gifts from departed loved ones have been destroyed. Devastating your mind and heart. Items you have saved up for have gone in a flash. Floods have removed your past, present and possibly put holes in your future. The stress of the life for the next few months must be dreadful.

I am the queen of stress. My brother in law thinks I enjoy stress. Well, he is an idiot for thinking that. There is nothing I like more than getting away from all worries.

It’s OK people saying the people from the floods have insurances, but that all takes time. Insurance companies are not there for the people but for their own businesses.

They are there to make a profit and they don’t like handing their fortunes back, so months of negotiating and where do the people, the victims, live all of those months?

The children’s schooling. Are they able to find a place next to the school? No car now that was damaged.

They are living miles away from their work.

Work?

Their place of work is closed due to flood damage.

No wages.

Arguing between man and wife. Children living among that environment.

Their much loved pets. Gone.

I could go on but I want to see a way through this mess. For those who are affected.

This is a testing time for you all for sure. A time I feel for you. But raindrops in life don’t cause a storm forever.

The seeds from dandelions are blown, spreading new growth for more flowers for the wildlife to enjoy and live from. The breeze causing this to happen will not turn into a tornado. Your raindrops will dry up. Your sun will shine again. As a blind person, I don’t have the privilege to see my baby’s photographs. I have a large wedding photograph on my wall of my Husband and my wedding day. The best day of our lives, but I have never seen it. I do not know what I looked like on my wedding day.

My floods came some years ago when I woke up blind.

I know how hard it is for your precious things to be stolen from you.

But this morning, I woke up to sunshine. You will to. I promise.

You will look back at this time and it will be a nightmare. But you will wake from it.

You have your health. You have a second chance in life.

Make the most of it and know I am thinking about you all. I am hopeful for you. Please believe me? Please?

 

No comments: