translate

Friday 7 February 2014

THEY ARE RIGHT BANKERS


OK, this is crazy. Four weeks ago. I couldn’t find my bank book. I don’t have a card just a book. I phoned the bank not too worried as I knew it was in the house, but not where I always put it. The bank said they would cancel my old book and send me a new one within three to five working days. Great. Sorted. Seven days later, no book I phoned the bank again explaining my situation, saying no book had turned up. They said on their notes, it had been sent out, but then cancelled again. Cancelled? By whom and when? As it wasn’t me and I did n’t even receive it. They said they would send me out another. I asked them to confirm my address and they did. 26 Cherry Blossom Avenue. OK, they couldn’t tell me where the other book had gone to, but at least they had my correct address.

A week later, still no book. I phoned them again. This time, I was told that they couldn’t send me out a new book unless I signed a form in the branch. I said, well, how come I was told on the phone that I could order a new one over the phone and two had been sent out? He said that there was no sign of the second one having been sent out. The person who told me I could order by the phone was wrong. I would have to come in as no way they were allowed to send me a book just by a phone call. I was so cross as I have waited a month.

Guess what turned up on our doormat this morning?

Yep, a bank book. Not the one I was talking to on the phone about the last call, but the one that was sent out a week ago. You know the one that hadn’t been sent out?

My God. This is crazy.

 

No comments: