translate

Thursday 20 February 2014

FOR ELISHA AND ERIC


Dearest Fiancée

By Fiona Cummings

Why did you come to me?

Make me so happy

Then you were taken away

On a cold wet winters day

You were my first love

Sent down from above

A lesson I had to learn

Now my heart does burn

I hold out my hand

You’re not there

I don’t understand

Now who will care?

My life was planned

With you I would share

It doesn’t seem fare

Tears I cry

Though I got to say goodbye

Then they came for you

Gave you wings so you could fly

With words “I love you

Said from my heart

An angel smiled then tore us apart

Oh I’m going to miss you with every breath I take

The pain will be hard each morning I wake

But at least we shared times of happiness

You gave me that gift

When I was down

Your voice removed my frown

Though it was just for a little while

You made me smile

But oh it’s you I will miss

Now who will I kiss?

I will wear your ring forever

As in my heart we will always be together

The angel left a feather

And I know you’re somewhere better

I will never forget you

And know you are watching down on me

In the sky so blue

I now will live for you

And from that will have a life

I ache as I never got to be your wife

That cuts like a knife

But God took me to school

And introduced me to my lesson

This was you

My blessing

Dearest Fiancée

 I will forever love you

No comments: