translate

Wednesday 23 December 2015

WEDNESDAYS DIARY Fiona Cummings


 Good morning Bloggets. Well, our lovely lady who walks the dogs and I say dogs now, as bless her rubber wellingtons, she now takes both of them as Little Fella is on holiday with Hub. Just for my Bloggets outside of the UK. Wellingtons are rubber boots, and my walker uses them for our muddy fields, though I think she has taken them to the dog field which is a drive away. That field is great, as there is much less mud.

 

To say our dogs were excited is an understatement. Last week she laughed at LF as she said he hasn’t found his legs yet. He is still young and his legs are so long.  She said when he ran; they were all over the place.

 

Today is crisp and sunny but cool. As it should be.

In October.

Smile.

 

Really our weather is all out of sorts. Dad was saying yesterday that he had daffodils at the bottom of his garden.

 

My lovely friends Mum is taking me to the shop tonight. To say I feel embarrassed about it is putting it lightly. I hate asking for anything, but we couldn’t get a close date to Christmas day for fresh food. The earliest to the 25th, was the 20th. Well things like creams and veg would be off or not very nice by Christmas day, so my friends Mum offered her services. I’m only going for the minimum amount of things though. On Sunday, I had a dozen eggs and now? Five. Teen eats them like there is no tomorrow, so to make homemade Yorkshire puddings, I must remember to add them to my list.

 

To some, hearts become tender at this time of year with childhood memories and love of kindred and perhaps we are better for becoming a child again for at least one day. To others, this is the loneliest time of the year.  Once again I ask of you to think about who do you know or know of who you may think will be alone this time of year. I say this time of year, as it can be excruciating to those who are on their own to hear about stories of family get together when they have none. I say this time of year as if I say all year round, perhaps that will sound too daunting to you.

  

Our Son is going Christmas shopping today. Better him than me. It will be chock a block. “Chock-a-block?” that is a 19th century saying which has something to do with sailing meaning full. As the town will be full of people with the Christmas shopping.

 

I can’t believe there are only two sleeps away from the big man in red coming. I must remember to put out a glass of milk and a mince pie. Yes Bloggets I still get my Son to do that. I’m sure he will be thinking, oh my goodness. Mother? How long do I have to do this for?

Answer? As long as Santa is coming to our house Son. I’m not starving my guest. I mean, he has travelled so far to deliver gifts….

 

Men in white?

 

Thank you again for your shairing of our blog page. We only need just over 600 views now to get to the big 100,000 so thank you all. Love and hugs til later. X

No comments: