translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

JUST BEFORE BED (FIONA CUMMINGS )


Just before bed, some words from me to you. In the still of the night and in my inner eye of my imagination, I feel such peace tonight. Why? Because a very special person has sent me something all of the way from America. It could be a penny or one cent, I wouldn’t care. It’s the absolute sentiment that has touched my heart. The fact that she is bothering to go to so much trouble to post something across the big pond to send to not so little old me. Why? I’m honoured. I really can’t express my gratitude to her. If only she knew just how much I needed even a note right now from her. Oh I call her my bear and a hug right now is how I feel what I feel she has sent me. There are no words. In this vast world of sometimes evil, an angel will appear. A true life angel.

 

I’m blessed to know some lovely people, sadly a lot of them live so far away. I call them my spiritual sisters as we do have a connection which is deep and beyond any explanation. As if we have crossed our paths before in a previous life.

 

Only a handful of people I feel this way about and the bear is one of those people.

 

So tonight before bed. I’m sure my heart will be at peace and my sleep shall be deeper than last night where I found myself awake until almost five this morning. Tonight will be different.

 

And of course tomorrow I’m in the office so the day will pass by quickly as I spend time with some lovely people. Then my Son should be home tomorrow evening. So a full house again. Full of love with the occasional moments of unsettlement which will hurt but then there will be laughter again and lots of love and when times are difficult, there is bear and the cubs in the camp that are always there with words of wisdom and a hand to hold. True friends are so important but spiritual friends are sent from a higher place. A place we don’t yet understand and we may never, but one I’m sure exists!

 

So a prayer before bed.

“Dear maker, tonight I’m grateful for the spiritual beings you have sent me. For I have derived such comfort from their words. As they give or feed me strength which I’m sure originally comes from your heart. Times when I wish to withdraw from the outside world and wrap myself into isolation; I could fall into the pit of condemnation and reach for some ill-chosen medication. That’s when your gift of my friends becomes even more so precious. What do I do when I feel I’m only taken from them and feel I have nothing to offer in return of their kindness? I only have my words and my belief in you my maker that you can touch the hearts of my friends who are there for me and allow them to know just what they mean to me. So this is what I’m asking of you tonight and most importantly, those who feel they have no one no friends, no true friends, please can you share my friends with those people? The worst thing in the world is to be alone or at least to feel alone. Let those people know that I’m here and through me comes the love of my friends.

Thank you Goodnight God bless.

No comments: