translate

Monday 14 December 2015

LESSONS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


LESSONS IN LIFE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Deep down inside

There is a fire burning

Tears I have cried

I just have to keep on learning

Lessons of life

Trouble and strife

Doors slammed in my face

Finding out I’m at the wrong place

Disillusioned once again

Thinking I had a friend

But no not to be

Another lesson for me

People all around

But still sat on the ground

Dripping water leaking in

Like old rubbish ready for the bin

Trying to do my best for others

But feel like a weed among flowers

 Forgotten soul

Shivering in the cold

As if invisible

Until it’s time to once again mock

I need a heart of rock

Sadly not sure how to find that

I’m here to be dispatched

Whenever I’m useful

Sights of grey stones

Nothing beautiful

So alone

Having to be dutiful

Like an existence

I feel no presence

A lost soul perhaps

Like a ghost

What did I do so badly in my past?

Different from most

A freak of nature

Without a future

Used and abused

It’s my culture

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings

No comments: