translate

Wednesday 23 December 2015

BEST POEM OF THE YEAR VOTED BY UKRAINE


OUR FATE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The sun hasn’t Shon for so long

I sometimes wonder if I truly belong

The birds have forgotten words to their song

The leaves fall from the trees

 Summer paths full of cutting ice not nice

Like a knife, it does slice

I slip to my knees

Empty honey jars from ghosts of the bees

Souls walk past

Nothing ever lasts

A flame turns to a blast

Feeling like an outcast

In a tiny street reminiscing of a town so vast

 A sailing boat without its mast

A broom without the brush

Urgency not allowed to rush

Need my space an yet so crushed

No longer feel trust

The walls are built up

The chip in my cup

And crack in my plate

I wish I knew of what may come of my fate

The horse is out, through the broken gate

No voice to shout, and say wait

Who am I?

Are you my alibi?

My ally?

My friend till the end?

Can’t pretend

For this is real

Though I’m being given a very rough deal

This is how I feel

Dirt on your shoe

Last in line in a queue

Can’t believe what you would do

Your words are never true

Your reds turn to blue

And your black to white

I’m on the end of a string

Just like a kite

I’m not giving up the fight

My dark world will see the light

Though I’m getting weaker by the day

As the world is going away

Children don’t play

What more can I say

Even dogs have lost their bark

I’m the only one in the park

A shell on the beach

A preacher   but no one to teach

My arms are open

But there is no one to reach

  My words have spoken

But fall on deaf ears

A glass but no one to say cheers

The clown isn’t joking

And the fires aren’t smoking

It’s as though everyone has died

I’m the only one living

Bodies ask

And I keep given

It’s such a task

For they say no words

The cows roam

But no more herds

Their on their own

In their own zone

No one communicates

There’s nobody to motivate

Wherever I go I seem to accumulate

For silent souls, with lank hair

Eyes like coals, just stare

But there are so many of them

And only one of me

Where are the wise men?

Will I see normality again?

If I close my eyes and count to ten

Shall I waken

And realise I’ve been mistaken?

It’s just a nightmare

I’ve been nowhere

Just fell asleep in my armchair

But sadly I know this is reality

Its equality

Every person who has survived

Are all the same

They haven’t died

This is not a game

It’s a damaged painting without a frame

Such a shame

The crazy man with a fiery flame

And a wooden heart

Didn’t give consideration

Before he decided we must part

The button pressed

On our nation

He was depressed

Such devastation

Not a care for the rest

Who walk an yet don’t talk

Who look but don’t seem to see

But why me?

How come I’m like I used to be?

Is this my punishment?

Why have I been saved from this accident?

Will I be eaten as a sacrament?

Faces I once smiled with

Was it fabricated?

Just a myth?

Complicated?

Now a drift

In our ocean

What is the next stage?

In the magical potion

Should I take caution?

Will there be rage

I want to meet with our maker

And look into his eyes

For they will be so wise

I’m a mere mortal

Will I enter the golden Portal?

Stand at the gates of heaven?

Am I witness to the next life?

Will we suffer with trouble and strife?

What will we learn from our mistakes?

 Would we be given a second chance whilst everyone still takes?

What greed

Will the starving feed?

Will the wounded bleed?

If only we would learn our lesson

This world would be a blessing

But sadly the devil walks beside us

And it’s him we put our trust

Feel the weather change from calm to gust

It’s time to go now

It’s a must

So with my words I beg of you

If you care about this life, and I believe you do

Forget about fashion

Turn your passion

Into a peaceful action

End all friction

And dictation

Bring back to life this wonderful nation

For this is a gift from a higher being

But we are hell bent on destroying

Demons we should not be employing

Soldiers we shouldn’t be deploying

What good does war do?

Blocks out a beautiful view

Instead we see hell on earth

And for every death is a new birth

How our future will ever be happy

Knowing their destiny

Goodbye to a family

It’s come to the end

Never again will we have a friend

Just walk with the dead

Follow their tread

Can’t sleep in a bed

This is the trend

But only we can change it forever

Don’t wait until it’s too late

If we all stick together

Don’t let this be our fate

 

  Coppyright Fiona Cummings  

No comments: