translate

Monday 7 December 2015

THE CHRISTMAS PAINT


 Well it’s Monday. The start of a new week. I am grateful as though we have had dreadful storms, rain and wind combined, not too far in fact too close for comfort; but we have seen on our news dreadful scenes of floods. People have had to be rescued from the first floors of their houses. As a lovely lady has just said to me, what about the cows and sheep too? I always say to Hub and our Son. “The poor animals.” I think about stray dogs, rabbits and so on, but I have stupidly never thought about the farm animals, perhaps naively I thought the farmer would know storms are coming and transport all of the animals to somewhere safe. I guess one of my favourite stories as a child, was Noah.

 

My little Wagga is on a free run right now as I type. She is with her lovely friend who brings her back filthy, oh my house? But I am so happy that my little girl has had a great run. And this week, end of week, my friend Artie is coming so I hope to get her out again if the weather isn’t too bad, If it is, Artie and I have a lot of catching up to do so we shall sit in and have coffee, but I think that Wagga will drive us crazy as she knows Artie means party. And a free run.

 

Teen is at work and has a day off tomorrow. Hub is in Peterborough working. He is with his new pup today. It will be odd for him, going on the train alone with a newbie. Then introducing Little Fella to hubs colleagues. No doubt tonight Wagga will be getting told the story about the big lad’s day at work? Then the dog may have a say. Hahahaha. Also I’m sure he has been so good today that he will let off some steam with the toy box. Shall I bother hoovering? What with mucky pup coming in soon from our pond of a field, and then the two of them running around our small living room.

 

Dinner tonight? I really don’t know. Not decided yet. That isn’t a good sign for me.

 

I am overwhelmed with washing right now. Bedding and three loads of washing that is searching to sort out colours, nightmare, putting them in the washing machine hoping I haven’t put them on a wrong setting? Then tramping to the garage to put them in the drier, then back in the house, back out to the garage to take out dry clothes, bring them in and take out again wet clothes. And it all starts again.

 

When I learned my Sister in law was coming, I said to Hub, oh great, I can ask her to help me with the freezer. That is also in the garage. As it’s been so cold and late when our shopping has been delivered, Hub has been going to put the frozen food away. I haven’t been at all well to battle the cold nights. Well, grateful to Hub, but, he has mixed fish with meet and meet with vegetarian food. A total nightmare. I don’t know what is what now. Hub said no way to let our sister in law see our shocking garage? Say wha’a’at?

Have you seen his office upstairs? Well let’s just say I ventured in there today and could hardly get through the door. It’s a disgrace.

 

Yesterday afternoon and evening I wrapped about thirty Christmas presents. Please remind me to buy all men the same next year and all women. Please? What a pain. I must say I have not enjoyed a single second of Christmas so far. Hub is getting so cross with me. Well, I’m so much better in my health. Though today is the last day of my antibiotics. I’m far from one hundred per cent and Hub thinks I should go for more, but we shall see. I think I can get better on my own from now, it’s the cough I can’t stand. Still rattling little and feel really sick from time to time but that I’m sure will be the biotics. Hence I guess one of the few reasons I’m not in the Christmas mood. What is the pressure too for all happy clappy moods this time of year? For some it’s the most difficult time of the year. Family time for those who don’t have one? Caring sharing for those who live on their own, or even if they have a partner or parents, feel still as though they are alone!

 

For those who have lost a loved one and just can’t cope with this time of year. They feel they have to paint on a smile for Christmas. No paint here to Hubs annoyance. I have genuinely been really worried and still am about my health I think it’s because of my heart pounding so fast and how exhausted I have felt for three out of four weeks. I really have thought it has been something more sinister. Also, I really am struggling what to buy Hub this year. He is the most difficult person to buy for and he always spoils me and is the best gift buyer. He buys Teen some great stuff this year he will love his gifts. I’m better at buying Hubs daughters I have got them some lovely things, though doesn’t help when Hub downs them when I tell him what I have bought them. This year I’m proud of their presents no matter what he says. He has bought them their big gift and it’s so practical. Funny thing is, only them I seem to be able to buy things for that isn’t the boring practical things. I have got them some really fun gifts that I would have loved at their age also things I know they are into. As for my Son, I leave that to Hub. Apart from some much needed practical’s I have bought. For Hub, there is nothing practical I can get him, he has it all. In fact he has everything I know he likes. We have been together now for a lot of Christmases and he has been spoiled. Nothing left now.

 

He wanted an antique cuckoo clock. He got it, he wanted a wooden weather station, and he got it. He wanted another thing wooden for the wall which tells the temperature I can’t remember what the heck it’s called? Oh, is it a barometer? Anyway, he got it. I have bought him facial sauna and really expensive head neck and so on massage products and he has got really lovely classy watches too as well as so much more including something odd for a man and that is bronze ornaments that he likes. Personally, I don’t like them at all, but he loves them.

 

Because as children, in our play time, we used to meet for a quick kiss, we would run down the valley of our playground and sit behind the pyramid and have our innocent smooch then run to play with our friends, I have bought him every kind of pyramid I can find. Last year his unusual gift was a juicer. Those are some of the gifts I can remember for now, what’s left? Well, what he wants and what I will buy may be two different things. He is wanting a Apple watch. Hmm. Why? He has an IPhone and lap top, what is the point of a watch?

 

Humbug me. Hahaha.

 

I think Christmas is about families, now my brother in law did ask us for dinner on the big day, but, his sister will be there and there is not a chance Hub will sit in the same room as her. Also we love Christmas at home just the three of us. Its cosy and we eat chocolate and watch TV with candles and Christmas lights on.

 

Christmas is about going to the cinema and seeing a Christmas movie and the theatre. Well, as for the movie, Hub says he’s learning the route, but that road scares me and there isn’t anything worth watching at the theatre. Our city is awful for theatres and concerts. Unlike where I used to live.

 

Oh Bloggets, I’m so so so very sad about what occurred last night. My IPod broke down. I did the factory setting thing, it was fully charged, my techno teen looked at it and its dead. It’s not even two years old. I’m so fed up as I listened to it every night during the night too if teen was out for one of his almost all-nighters, I would play some music to calm me down. Also shopping, as in groceries? Oh it’s so easy on there. I have just done some shopping on my lap top and it’s almost impossible. Certainly five times longer to do than my IPod. Also I have so much on there I have saved for two years. I can’t believe it works perfectly one day the next it’s gone? I hope really hope teen will take it to the IPod Doctors tomorrow.

 

Off for some lemon and honey tea and then wait for my Waggs to return. She will be like a well-used paintbrush. Her fur which is normally like satin will look awful. Feel like a paintbrush just before it dries.

 

Must remember also to buy some food for the birds in our garden. Winter is when they need that most. Also when it gets colder, they need water as the lakes and so on freeze up but your fresh water doesn’t so they use that to fluff up again their feathers.

 

Take care cos I care. X

No comments: