translate

Friday 11 December 2015

MEET THE LITTLE FELLA



The link above is to a photograph of our Little Fella and Hub.

Well the big day arrived. Hub was so anxious. The weather was awful. Freezing and cold. Hub was all ready for the qualifying day. Did our Little Fella know what an important day it was? How was he going to work? Would he drop a doggy doodle on the way? Would Hubs nerves hold out enough to remember where he was and which way to turn? Then a phone call to say that one out of two of the people coming to see him, her Son was ill so she was going to be delayed. Now my nerves were kicking in.

 

Then the phone call. Hub was to set off on his own, well, with Little Fella.

 

There were two people who would follow him. But Little Fella wasn’t to know that. As one of the people was his trainer. LF would be distracted.

 

Hub was to do two routes; one is really a challenge across the evil road. He had already asked if he could have one of them to help him cross the road. He just had to signal them. So it would be the person who didn’t train LF, who would OK hub across the road. Thing is, when we I say we, it scares me witless crossing there. When we cross, it will be night time. As the traffic is slightly less then. So over they went and onwards.

 

I was at home, biting my nails. I couldn’t get on with anything. It’s really like a driving test.  I walked the route with Hub and LF in my head. They were much longer than I expected. Oh on went the coffee machine, really, one needs an ology to work that thing. It’s rather grand and has too many buttons.

 

Hub also had to do dog distraction. Well, really that was a comedy scene in itself. One of the trainers has an enormous horse, no, sorry English Bullmastiff! Well, our little fella was all ready to play but when he saw the big guy, he decided to behave. I wonder why? It would have just looked so funny Hub in his High Vis and this massive dog in our street doing dog distractions.

 

Anyway, Little Fella is half golden retriever, half black Labrador. His tummy is almost white and his back is gold. He has a kind of main like a lion. He has soft floppy ears. Dark dark eyes with blond eye lashes. He has longlegs. His tail wags. He is keen to work and walks so fast. Goodness only knows how Hub and I will manage to go out together? Our LC used to slow down when I fell behind on walks. I think Little Fella is too young to know how to do that, so may be a while before we can venture into town.

 

Tonight is going to be a big test as we are off for a meal but just local.  We will meet with another 20 people there. We will start off just the two of us and our two beasties. As I said it’s local so I know where I’m going so if the speedy bunch arrives at the restaurant  before I have left the drive, then I know how to get there where as our town? I would be lost.

 

So tonight is the first time Hub LF, Waggatail and myself will go out together. I’m apprehensive a yet excited.

 

So I have put a photograph of the Little Fella on my blog page also LF and Hub. I wonder who his puppy walker is. We now know her name. Where she is from too. Hub is going to phone her now and once she knows about LF’s qualifying news, I can let you know more about him.

 

I’m proud of Hub, LF his trainers as he has had three. His as in LF’s, puppy walker the early trainer and the kind person who had him from birth until a few weeks. A huge amount of hard work a long journey for the dog and all involved. For the person who looked after our little fellas Mum too. For all the staff at our local Guide Dog team, those who do so much work and people don’t ever think of them, but the clue is in the word Team. those who  So many people are involved in the life time of a guide dog hopeful. No longer a hopeful, now a fully qualified guide dog.

 

Thank you all who raise money for Guide Dogs too. As without you, none of this would be possible.

 

Our Long Chops, AKA Suki will never be forgotten. Not ever. She was one in a million. You were all there when we went through hell as we lost her in such a way. Never did we expect to have a new partnership for Christmas. And how happy our little fella is. As are we. So much to write about in the future, for our new adventures. Now to tell Waggatail about her new brother. Before he was a boarder. Now a brother.

 

 

 

              

No comments: