translate

Monday 28 December 2015

DIARY OF ALAND ISLANDS


 Åland Islands have you heard of such a place? Well I hadn’t until today and today is the day someone from there has decided to take a read at this blog page. I truly hope that they return and join our family of Fifi Bloggets. All I can tell you is I think one of the languages they speak there is Swedish.  It is I think a region in Finland.

Aland’s economy is heavily dominated by shipping, trade and tourism. Fishing and farming also attribute to Alands. Religion? 73% of people who live there I believe are Christians. So please come again and allow us all to learn more!

 

Hub playing tennis on his new Apple TV. He loves it. Teen in home from work telling me as he came through the door that he was almost killed. A lady, not what he called her, decided at the last minute to come  into his lane. I don’t understand driving really, but he said there are two lanes both going in the same direction. One is for overtaking he was in the slow lane she overtook but decided last minute to come into his lane without indicating and gave no warning or indication that she was going to do that and there was loads of space for her to drive in the fast lane to give Teen room, but she chose not to. I truly fear him driving.

 

Just found out our girls coming late morning tomorrow. We said to them on the phone, we will either send them a taxi or a boat to collect them….

 

David Cameron our PM is in our city today. Looking at the floods. Could he not have saved money, given the money to the poor people who are now in schools sleeping and who have their houses to sort out and just watch the news? Smile… I know that if he hadn’t have come, we would be saying oh, he stays in his ivory tower so poor man can’t win…

 

Our brother in law was almost stranded at the weekend but thankfully got home safely. Old Dad doing OK considering his Son and best friend has very little time left in the UK, before he emigrates. I hope it continues. After seeing this weather in England, I bet our Bro is rubbing his hands together thinking, thank goodness no more weather like this? Mind you, I couldn’t stand the heat either. Au gets so hot, when one can fry an egg on the bonnet of a car, time to cool down I think.

 

Our dogs came back after a long walk and they both are totally shattered.  Hub had to clean them. Oh my word what a mess? They were covered in mud Wagga was the worst.

 

A lovely morning with my little family. So good to see them so end of day turning now into evening. Tips of the day? If you are feeling negative, do you know you send out negative vibes so people will treat you differently? Think positive and others will behave in a completely different manner.  Do you know if you are angry, it does you more harm than the person you are angry at? The best way to cheer you up is to cheer someone else up. I really believe that. Ten years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do. So go on, do it if you dare? And some words. Your limitations may just be in your mind! Later with love. X

No comments: