translate

Tuesday 15 December 2015

THE DIARY OF FACTS


A fact blog today. Firstly teen got safely to his destination. After dropping Christmas gifts off at my crazy Aunts where he visited her, and her partner in crime. Haha, joking, friend. Whatever she is. Teen said they were both really nice to him. Really? Both of them? So that was good.

 

Hub is safe at the office for the day in Newcastle. A taxi, train and then metro to get there. He has gone with his newly trained guide dog Little Fella. Does LF really know what he has got to do in his life? Bless him. He has been great. I can’t believe how lucky we have been. OK we are on the edge stressing about what he is going to eat in our house, the furniture, the flooring? But touch wood, nothing so far apart from a towel.

 

He and Wagga get on so well together. I just pray that we get a long life out of him unlike his predecessor, Long Chops. Bless her; she had just turned nine when we lost her.

 

On Saturday LF and Hub went to the town for the first time on their own together, if that makes sense. Hmm. What I mean is, Hub has been before but LF hasn’t so first time for them both together. I was worried as I knew Hub roughly knew the way, and it was easy but, LC used to just know the route and Hub almost could fall asleep. Well, off the bus and along the path with its busy road next to it. To find the tactile path to find the crossing and go over in a streight line> When you can’t see, it’s not easy to walk streight. Then turn left and a very narrow right, well, LF didn’t like that much as it was too close to the other busy road for his liken. Then to find the other crossing and wait to go over, then turn left on an angle and right. Hub got to roughly where the hair dressers was and asked Little Fella to find the door. Bless him he did. But it was the wrong one, so he found the next door and again wrong one but third time lucky. In he went to the delight of the receptionists. He lay there whilst Hub got his hair washed he as in the little fella wasn’t too sure about the hairdryers. But still, he lay.

 

Now to reverse the journey. Thankfully Hub remembered to turn the right way back, as he normally tries to go right at that point. But he got home safely, and to find the bus stop home is really difficult. So many busses stop all in a line but we only need one of them. So to get the right number you have to stand at a particular place. And they did it. A longer walk home and a very wet Hub and doggy. It was pouring. So proud of them both. As for my hair? Hahah. I don’t care if its been months. My neighbour said she would cut it. That is when you know you need a haircut when your neighbour tells you she was a hair dresser and she would do your hair? Smile. I like the shaggy dog look.

 

Teen yesterday told me to stop acting disabled. This did hurt so badly. I had asked him if I could come to the big shop with him as I just don’t have the confidence to do that on my own. He was going himself, so for me to tag along? Answer, no. I asked with a lump in my throat why? Answer, because you want to look at things. Gosh, such a crime. So we did have words. I wonder if one day he will realise how lucky he is to have sight. I keep promising myself never to ask of his help again. But so badly it hurts. I just don’t get his mentality. Not once has he asked if we need help with the Christmas shopping. He is so used to Hub and me just doing it. Without a care how we do. I must say this year has been very unpleasant. I’m not at all in the Christmas spirit. In fact, I would cancel Christmas today. Hub is not impressed with me. It’s such a lot of money and stress. There is nothing to enjoy about it. OK all season I have said humbug. Perhaps when we finish work end of the week, I will start to believe in it. It’s just the greed of it all. And Hub really spoils me. I get overwhelmed. Gosh, with my ex I was lucky to get one gift. When he bought me jewels they was stunning, three times as I remember. The last Christmas he came in from the pub late even though I asked him especially as did my Son to come home to be there for Christmas Eve, he was drunk and he through my gift under the tree unwrapped. My Son of ten, started to sob. I caught him at the tree wrapping it up. I knelt down beside him and held him. He started to tell me that he loved me and didn’t understand why his Daddy doesn’t love us. Told me how his friend Billy’s Dad went to so much trouble to wrap and disguise Billy’s Mums present. It was then I totally decided enough was enough and I was leaving my ex. Shortly after then, I had to lock myself in the bathroom as his violence began. I had to come out as he then started on my Son. Gosh, I am so pleased those days are over.

 

It’s not too long since my Dads birthday too and soon will have been my Mums and Christmas time is always difficult then it would have been their anniversary on Boxing Day then the anniversary of my Mums death. So all of that combined, always makes this time of year more difficult.

 

But just because I’m feeling this way, doesn’t mean you should be down so this is the last negative blog I will write. Promise. Oh, should I have done that?

 

I’m again waiting in for a delivery. If not for teen’s bed, mattress, its Amazon. Well today not Amazon but another shop a delivery from our town and this time for a change they have said they are coming today. So let’s hope so as I have so much work to do for Hubs office. Loads of phone calls. I have to do another press release, though I doubt we will get anything published this side of Christmas. Unless it involves a man in a big red coat, and a white beard.

 

I’m poetry free for now, no requests but I guess they will start the New Year for Valentine’s Day.

 

I hope my boy is having an Okay if not great day. The weather is alright. Let’s hope his little car will get back before the elastic band pings? Such a shame as it’s a really comfortable car, well, the front is, the back isn’t but not sure the two parts are original….

 

OK. Some fun facts for the day

When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.

A flock of crows is known as a murder.

 Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to female goats.

The person who invented Frisbees when he died he was cremated and turned into Frisbees.

Polar bears can eat up to 86 penguins in a single sitting.

 

So, are you feeling suitably educated? Later gators. X

No comments: