translate

Wednesday 23 December 2015

DANCING DREAM.(BETH WRIGHT MEADOR)


Oh I’m so excited. My friend from the US is an artist. She is called Beth Wright Meador. She has my eye condition RP and yet she is an amazing artist. Her art is selling worldwide and I’m so proud to own a painting of hers. I love it. It’s been coming for just over a week now I didn’t know what it was; only she was sending me a gift. A painting of hers was described by my friend Terry who tells me everything about what I can’t see on line when it comes to things like Facebook. Beth’s painting was on there and I loved that picture.

 

It’s so funny this story. Well, the post came today the bell rang and Hub answered it. He handed me a board like envelope and said it was for me as the postman said it had my name on it.

 

Hub knew I was waiting for a parcel from America. I opened it. Teen was in so I was like a child in a candy shop. My face was beaming with pride and anticipation. So, there was a hard card with a pretty ribbon on it to tie to the wall. Well, this was a feely picture. I asked teen what it  was. He paused for a while and said.

“Mum. I don’t want to be awful, but em. Well, how can I put this politely? Em. Well, it’s kind of black and blue paint splattered on what looks like a paper plate. My face was slowly going from a huge smile to a confused face as I know my friend has sold her paintings. So I suggested that it could be modern art? Abstracts? Teen reassured me it wasn’t he said

“Mum. I get modern art. This isn’t.”

Well, I was so touched at my friend’s efforts that I still was going to hang it on the wall and it would be a story anyway. People would ask me what it was. I would answer. I have a very special friend she is so talented. And she had it in her heart to do this and send it to me. She has my eye disease you know?

And so the story would continue.

 

Then, as Hub stood stunned, teen felt bad for telling me the painting wasn’t of anything he could recognise, I found another piece of paper. This was on really good quality paper.

I showed teen thinking he would say it’s a letter or something. He almost jumped out of his seat and said.

“Oh my gosh Mum. That is stunning. Wow. Let me have a closer look?”

 

By this point I didn’t want to leave go of it. He gently took it and described it to me. It was the picture that Terry described to me a while ago that I loved. Gosh, wow, I can’t tell you what this felt like. My Christmas is complete.

 

As for the modern art? It’s like a pallet I think Hub called it. Where you test out the paints? Oh I’m so cultured. Hahheheheh

 

The painting is of  of a pretty girl with a beautiful dress on standing on piano keys. As if reaching to the stars. The keys go to the sky where there is an evening sky full of stars and moon. Reach for your dreams and my dream was this picture. I’m so happy.

 

Withlove.

No comments: