translate

Sunday 20 December 2015

JUST BEFORE BED FIONA CUMMINGS TRUE LIFE


Just before bed. Today has been a lovely day an yet full of memories. The 20th of December would have been my loving Mums Birthday. How badly I miss her and wish I could buy her a gift and get delight on watching her open it. I know she would have been in so much shock but shock in a good way to see how I have moved on in life. I grew up with a loving Mother who lived to find me sight in my destiny of losing it all. In my Mothers world I would one day, see like her and there wasn’t even for a second a chance that wouldn’t happen as her who was a partially sighted daughter of course would have no life in the dark. No one blind could study or take on a profession. They couldn’t leave the house without another person by their side and as for ironing and cooking? How?

 

She knew no one with sight loss and lived in a sighted world. She was a lot older than me and feared the worst of leaving her disabled daughter on her own.

 

As a young girl I had no problem in finding suiters as the opposite sex always found me a pleasure to be with an yet it was my Mums mission for me to marry at a very young age, then my Husband would look after me for when she had gone.

 

All her life was dedicated to travelling all over the world to find the cure which didn’t exist. I received treatment from the former USSR for in total sixteen years. Full of torture pain and agonising nights worrying about the next visit to Russia, what it would bring for me and once again ripping at my life taking me away from normality. Those Bloggets who have read from the start of my page will know of what I mean right now.

 

My Mum did her best. I married in my mid to late teens and I was my Husbands magnet and shadow. He kept me repressed no fault of his and I was alright with that way of life for so long, then it was time to change. I got to the age where only I knew that only I could change my life. No one was going to do that other than myself. Well, no one was going to do that in a positive way.

 

The birth of my Son was the birth of a new life plan. I went totally blind when my baby was in need of someone who could see, an yet we both adapted to a life that I never knew before his birth.

 

I was a seed and with water from my maker and the brave new me, I stepped out into the big bad world. And it was bad, believe me.  By the time I realised that or by the time it was confirmed, I wanted to lock all of the doors and pull down the blinds. Lock myself away. But I was a Mother and for most of my Sons life, the only parent he had full time.

 

I had to go out of my safe place safe whilst I was on my own. Then the next page turned in my book. I didn’t turn that page it was flicked over for me.

 

More water fell on the seed and flowers in the garden surrounded me with life.

 

I grew stronger but not before I was trampled on and even dug up.

 

And then my Prince came along and placed me high on a hill where only the sun shone and no wind blew only gentle raindrops fell.

 

My eyes opened like the petals on a flower.

 

I was to read the next chapter and grow to the sky of life. Blind people could do things, yes, it’s difficult and some days I cry I break my heart just doing what to some people is the most simplistic task of all. To me is a challenge. A battle too, but a battle I have to fight. I have two choices. Lie down and allow my enemies to kill me or stand up and protect myself and follow my army to the field and show my allies how strong I am.

 

There are days when I don’t feel strong, when I just want to close that door lock it and throw away the key, but then my darling now and forever Husband, that prince who found me, stands by me and together we can climb mountains and what we can’t do, we learn how to do it another way.

 

So for my Mum who tried to protect me from reality, without any malice, I want to tell her what I can do, what I have done. I want to show her my amazing Husband who has travelled the world in his other job, who has been a University lecturer and who has driven a truck through the crowds of people who blanked him and saw through him as if he were a ghost. Driven through the crowds so they had to look at him, they had to listen and they had to move out of the way and allow him through onto a clear road.

 

So just before bed, those of you who are in a dark place right now, only you can change it and climb out, reach out to those who want to pull you from devastation that is killing you. Those people may not be in your life forever. You may hope they will be as they to you are your hero’s. But let me tell you, they were put on earth to help you. Now you must find your own people. People who are there for you and those who need you. Right now you may not think anyone needs you. I can tell you there are so many people out there who are alone right now who need a kind heart like yours but most of all, there are people out there who will laugh with you as like a pair of gloves, you are the left one they have the right. And in your gloves are hands waiting to fit perfectly.

 

So tonight before bed. Know you have a purpose in this life.  I promise.

 

Goodnight God bless.

No comments: