translate

Saturday 26 December 2015

THE DIARY OF CHRISTMAS DAY


  Good morning Bloggets. Well the big day is over and now it’s Boxing Day in the UK. About yesterday, Christmas day?

 

Well I couldn’t sleep. I was too excited about the man in red coming to the Fifi household…. Now for all the boys and girls reading this, I knew I should have been a sleep because if Santa was flying over and he saw that I was awake, he wouldn’t visit.

 

It was well after one in the morning before Hub and I got to sleep. We were shattered as had cooked and prepared food to be cooked all day. Christmas Eve though we did have a couple of hours where we were able to sit and watch TV. Teen was with us and we drank a snowball and Hub a sherry. Snowballs and sherry is a tradition in our house on Christmas Eve.

 

We all came down stairs I got teen to check if Santa had eaten his mince pie, hehehe. Poor lad.

 

We came through to the lounge and our gifts were all in the place they are every year, as were our stockings hanging.

 

Once again I was totally spoiled by Hub. I was overwhelmed by what I got it was far too much. Teen was delighted by his gifts and was so appreciative. Our dogs got some great toys and biscuits. My friend Artie bought them a great toy. They loved it so much won’t put it down gosh, I wonder how long it will last before the land of the world with the lid and fortnightly  van that collects.

 

They were so excited like little children. Our Little Fella smiles, in fact that smile can turn into a grin! From my Father in law we received kindness and brother in law loads of treats. From my brother and Sister in law   received a warm cloak. Hub got a cufflink box and Teen a voucher. Our friends Vivi and John bought us so much. They really spoil us. As we try to them but they always over do. They are so generous. My friend Artie bought us bubbly and a beautiful photograph and frame of our darling Suki AKA Long Chops. We also received a stunning photo and frame from Vivi and John. She was in our heart all day as she will always be. She loved Christmas so much. Hub said last year we could have never predicted this year, and how right he is. I mean, our girl was only nine far too young. A silver lining is, we now have LF, who will be my Husbands new guide and he is doing so well. But no dog will ever replace our Suki. I just hope if there is such a place as another land, my Mum, Dad and Mother in law are taking good care of her.

 

From our besties we received more bubbly and lots of lovely sweets. Julie bought us goodies and teen money and chocolates.       

 

Our dinner was delicious. The boys ate turkey, small sausages wrapped in bacon, and sausage meat. We also had homemade Yorkshire puddings, homemade if you like mushy peas, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, turnip mashed with butter and mash potatoes also roast potatoes. Cranberry sauce and I had my sage and onion stuffing. We really enjoyed our meal all sat there with our paper hats from the crackers we pulled earlier. Teen read the jokes and we laughed and said the same as we do every year. “Why on earth do they put such rubbish in the crackers?” Teen got some kind of paper mood fish and Hub and I received a three inch measuring tape. Well, what good is that? Hahaha.

 

We were so full, we couldn’t eat Christmas pudding. So after a Christmas movie some cups of coffee and some chocolates. We then were ready to have a sandwich mid evening. The boys had turkey and stuffing in some lovely bread rolls I got with my friends Mum. Christmas music was played and we had stories from radio 2. Stories and poetry. It was a great day. Teen was so happy as was Hub and that was the best gift of all.

 

With love. X

No comments: