translate

Monday 14 December 2015

MONDAYS DIARY Fiona Cummings


Good morning Bloggets. Gosh, Christmas is coming around far too fast. It’s not cold enough yet.  It’s too wet. I don’t want rain I want frost. Please? My house has hints of cinnamon now thanks to some sticks I bought and oil. Those sticks, I buy them every year, for two reasons. One I love the look of them. I mean, to a sighted person, they may look awful, but to me they look so cosy. I weave them in the branches of my Christmas tree and then I pour cinnamon oil all over the tree and in my oil burner.  The second reason I love the sticks, is for the smell. Hmm. Well, one out of two reasons I buy them isn’t too bad? I just don’t know why they don’t ever smell very good.

 

Today is the day my dog walker normally comes to take Waggs out on the field. But she is on holiday somewhere hot. Bless her I hope she is having a great time, she deserves it. She dedicates her life for those people with dogs, or is that she dedicates her life to dogs? Not sure but she is out every single day taking guide dogs out or dogs for the deaf or elderly. She’s a sweet lady.

 

She has a couple of dogs herself but one is so ill. It broke her heart to go on holiday and she said she wouldn’t have gone if not for her friend paying for the holiday for her. I’m so pleased she went as the dog is ill but not on the outside. She is a happy soul just her stomach lining is getting thinner.

 

She said she was going to phone home every day and if there were signs of the dog failing she would be back in a flash. But she needs this break. So my Waggatail won’t be impressed. Doubly so as last week I spent a lovely afternoon with my friend Arty. She and I normally walk Wagga about every six weeks she comes, we take Waggs on the field and come back and put the world right over a coffee.

 

Well, the field was like a swimming pool last week so we skipped the walk and did the coffee with a delightful cake Artie brought as always. Bless her. We exchanged Christmas gifts. One of hers was a photograph of our darling Suki, AKA Long Chops. Oh, my little girl. I miss her so much and I’m so pleased that we have that picture. More so that we have the one she took for last Christmas that was of our three girls. Black Beauty who we lost that year LC and Waggatail. The three of them together. So she spent some time taking pics of Little Fella when hub and he came back from work. Gosh, I hope he isn’t going on the bye bye list? After last night of him being sick, we were worried, as he did have complications as a puppy.

 

Artie is lovely, she wouldn’t harm a fly. She is a lovely person to have as a friend. Reminds me, I must catch up with Geordie, I haven’t seen her for a few weeks. Funny my friends come once every six weeks on average. What does that say about me? Haha. Am I too much to cope with every week? 

 

In fairness Geordie works and has a really busy life with her kids they are out every night. That sounds bad, what I mean is, they are doing sports each evening so she is taxi Mum.

 

I may have to ask her Mum to take me to the local big store. Depends on teen today. I urgently need some things from there we can’t buy on line. Now teen needs to go there for his duvet, but will he allow his Mum to tag along? Hmm. We shall see. Somehow I doubt it.

 

He is still in bed. He has to go to the tip with all of his rubbish from his new bed and his old bed. I say old, its two years old.

 

I thought he was due to go to his Fathers today but not sure what is happening now. Each time I try to approach the subject, he goes quiet. To be honest, not sure it’s a good thing he is going anyway, though of course he has to. Just right now in his life, he needs guiding for his career and his Father is the last person who can do that. Not long ago he told teen to quit his promotion training and go back to sales. Sell his car and walk places. Great advice. Years ago when I was really struggling to trye to teach him to read and write, my Son that is, not his father…. I asked my ex if he would help and his reply was your Son your problem.  Nice guy.

 

Shame really, I don’t know why he was like that. I guess there was no pride in his family they never showed interest in him. None of them were educated so things like careers University any kind of study was out of the question. They were hard workers who existed rather than lived. And a dream to them was how much beer they could drink. Not their fault, just the way things were. But it did hurt me when I so badly needed help that he wouldn’t try. When he saw how much I needed help. But now I can say my Son is doing so well, he has done well and no one can take that away from him. He got great results from school and college and now has finished his three months training and got ten out of ten from his boss. Passed with flying colours his first aid and health and safety and has passed stage one of management. He is only eighteen. I’m proud of him. Just need to work on the fact if I once a month ask to go to a shop, he says yes? Rather than makes me feel like crying with the reaction I get.

 

Looks like the girls are coming on the 29th to stay till the 2nd. Will be lovely to see them. I just hope our New Year isn’t boring for them, mind you, last year they spent the night playing board games with their Gran, so it’s not as though they are party animals, bless them. We for sure will have some nice food and we have been kindly asked to our Neighbours again. So at least they will be around people other than their boring Mum and Dad.  Unlike our teen, they are OK to be with us. Teen no doubt will be with friend’s goodness knows where. I just hope he has a great time, as he has been trapped for so long in a relationship. Now time to break free I hope. Though somehow I wonder if his ex is lingering around like a dirty smell.

 

He is far too good for her and I hope he realises that soon. Gosh, can you remember falling in love as a teenager and how you thought that they were for life but now looking back, do you feel like you wouldn’t have succeeded with them in your lives? I fell in love with a stunningly handsome man when I was young and as far as I was concerned he was my life. Looking back now, we wouldn’t have lasted even as long as I did with my ex, My ex and I lasted almost 24 years. God only knows how? I guess I had made my bed so I should lay on it.  I’m sure my ex was happy, this is how he took it so badly when we split up, but mind you, he moved on very fast. So I guess he has no regrets, I hope not any way. I hope he is happier now than ever before. I know I am.

 

Missing Hub today it’s a long day for him. But he has a long holiday from work. So a well-earned rest. He has been managing two teems his own and one in Peterborough. Along with training with the little fella, it’s been a tough few weeks.

 

OK. Time to dust. I have some washing in the machine then ironing. I have all of my Christmas gifts now either here or on order. So sorted. Just have to deliver them. Hmm. Thankfully my Brother and Sister in law came up last week to collect theirs and we took our friends to them the same week. So now just Viv’s and Johns to get to them. Not sure if we are going through to the North East to do that or if a mutual friend will drop in on her way by, as she is visiting her relatives and has to pass here. We have Dads to deliver and that is that, our kids can get theirs of course here. Gosh, I hope they like their presents, it’s been tough this year to try to shop without LC. It’s tough most years to be honest. But this year harder.

 

Oh must tell you about Hub journey into town at the weekend with the new Little Fella. Next blog. Xxx

No comments: