translate

Monday 28 December 2015

JUST BEFORE BED (TRAGITY IN A YEAR)


Words before bed. Gosh, what a day. Or should I say evening. An odd night for sure.  I learned many moons ago never to make plans. Just wait to see what happens. I know of people who live by the diary ticking in the right places they seem so organised. I admire those people. Their life always seems to be in order. Mine is chaotic. It’s rather simple on the surface but within, it’s a mess.

 

 So here I sit agitated. I so badly want now to take down the Christmas decorations. I mean, Christmas is over. It’s not called a New Year tree. If the girls weren’t coming tomorrow, I would be getting those boxes from the loft for sure. And how bare does the house feel after that? At least I would be able to dust. Right now, we have cleaned every day of our holiday and you wouldn’t think it. Our dogs are so messy. And they create dust. This is a fact. As for wooden floors, you can see or feel every single bit of dust, hair or anything that comes in on people’s shoes or flies’ in when the door is open.

 

If you have a carpet, you are none of the wiser. I can’t imagine how dirty that must be though if looked at under a microscope. But you don’t crunch your way around your lounge. I think I have vacuumed at least twice every day and now I’m getting on Hubs nerves. He said I’m going crazy. Perhaps I am, though having said that, I think I went there many years ago.

 

The girls are coming mid-morning for a week. So there will be presents given to them tomorrow. If they get here without needing to be rescued by a lifeboat…. I hope teen is off work on Wednesday as that day is the worst. Forecast heavy rain.

 

Just before bed. I’m thinking of those who are unsure about their properties right now. Earlier in a blog I wrote about the floods then I put a blog on here with a link to let you hear and see what it’s like here. It’s so mild in temperature. But the rain won’t stop. An is scaring me is we have had a power cut every night for three nights now. It’s not everyone around here, it’s just us as our ceiling lights work, and just our plugs don’t. Now I thought it may be the outside lighting, no. As for two nights they haven’t been on. And we still have had power cuts.

 

So what else could it be? What do we plug in during the evening that we don’t during the day? Well, nothing but we do have a small new freezer. Where it’s plugged in, is a rather new socket. Put in by a qualified electrician. But, we have never plugged anything in there before. But, why are the lights going off or I should say plugs, only during the evening? If it was the freezer, surely it would blow all of the time?

 

So just before bed, for all those who are uncertain not sure of their direction right now, I would like you to know I’m thinking of you and here are some words I hope will help.

“Spread your wings and allow the winds to carry you off in the right direction. Allow your dreams to dance during the daytime. You can spend time living for others. Doing what they want, going where they tell you, but once you realise that you don’t want to go in their direction, or the route they are trying to force you to go in, you learn your own pathway and you will find your own way for the first time in your life. Learn of your direction and find your destiny. You will hear the beautiful music if you stop and listen. Then sing to the tune and follow your rhythm. Find a clear pathway that will lead you to tomorrow. For tomorrow is a brand new day a day where by you don’t know what will happen? No matter how much you plan it. Change could occur at any given time.

 

Right now in your life may be the worst. But if that is the case, it can only get better. Twelve months from now, it will be a bad memory. And you will be able to look at what you have this time in a year. As long as you have love and peace in your heart. I pray you will be safe and healthy. I pray you won’t experience fear or dread. I hope you find comfort a place to wrest your head. Your heart still beats and for that I’m at ease with. Listen to your heart and put your trust into it. This tragedy will end and a new day will dawn.

Fiona Cummings

No comments: