translate

Monday 28 December 2015

100,000 FIONA CUMMINGS


Twelve. Yes, twelve. Twelve views to go then we have reached 100,000. I can’t thank you all enough. I’m in total shock. I must say a week ago I really thought we would be about two hundred off.  You have done me proud Bloggets. What a team. And thank you all so much for your recent emails telling me why you read my blog page. Some are honest and say because you are nosey and just like to know what is going on in my life, whether it’s because you know me have met me, you are my friend and it saves a phone call smile. Some say because you too either have my eye condition or have poor if any sight. Some read because they are alone and they feel like our family of Bloggets are all connected in some manner.  And the scary emails said as I have known since the start of my writing, you are a teacher or head of a school and your pupils read my blogs if studying English. There are some who read my blogs from a country shall I say that isn’t really in agreeance with world news entering the country, so you read the news blogs and some just like a laugh. “Em, two people wrote and said that, oddly they didn’t describe what exactly they meant by that comment!!!”

  

There are some Bloggets who enjoy my poetry. There are loads that don’t too. Especially my dark poetry. I must say, it’s been a while since I wrote any dark poems. Hmm. May write one tonight. Looking back, some of my poems are really really deep and I think meaningful, but others would say depressing. Hahaha. But, some say and have written to me expressing their feelings saying that I managed to put in words how they feel. And this is what I try to do. I think for others how they may be feeling. Sometimes it’s good to read about sadness as when one reads about happiness all of the time, they think that they are the only person in the world who may be feeling sad and down at that point.

 

My chocolate poems I must say have received a lot of mixed opinions. I shall write some of them at the bottom of here.  I loved them it was and is, my dream to get those published and the illustrations to me would be so pretty. So colourful. A child’s Christmas book for sure or Easter? When I write the chocolate poems, I see in my head so many pixies in so many colours. You will understand at the bottom what I mean. Please don’t think I’m seeing colourful pixies just for the sake of it? It’s nice as a blind person someone who once was fortunate enough to be able to see, to have memories of colours still, though my colours in my imagination are fading.

 

Occasionally you read my blogs to read about facts. Fifi’s facts are mainly read by those Bloggets in offices who only have a short break. There was one time when I received a lot of messages saying that you read my blogs in your lunch hour at work. So many times I would write with this in mind.

 

I have written recipes. I have opened my heart to you all and reaching one hundred views, you also have opened your heart to me. Each and every one of you, are so special. You all made this page work. Many times I have thought about ending writing my last blog and I receive so many kind words from you all and how after that can I? I must say, I spend more and more time writing my blog page than I do anything else. It is a full time job. A lot of people ask me why I don’t make money from this. I could advertise, well, the fact is, for those who use a screen reader, when the page is covered by adds, it’s very difficult to read. You are half way through a blog and suddenly there is a huge advert and sometimes your screen reader stops talking so you think you have something wrong with your computer where as its just showing a picture. So I want this read to be easy and that is where I also thank those readers who can see, and that is the majority of you. As sometimes not so techno Fi presses a button that makes the writing tiny. I’m totally oblivious to this and wouldn’t know unless I’m told by you. Then I try to change whatever I have done. Oh, boy.

 

OK, I could go on and on about why you read these blogs. But you know why and you know as long as you want to read, I will do my best to continue writing. Thank you from all countries who have visited. Now, here is the chocolate poem. The first in the series I have written. You have to be a child at heart for these. X

 

CHOCOLATE IN THE AIR

BY Fiona Cummings

 

For a while it remained a mystery

Whatever could that delightful smell be

I found out it came from the nearby factory

Which made chocolate dreams come true

To all children like me and you

I imagined little elves worked in there

And one naughty one in particular

Opened the window

 Allowing the aroma to escape in the air

He was the mischievous naughty Norman

Who has the job title of Forman

The other elves don’t get on with him

 Too well

 Especially whom they call Noddy

 With the biggest silver bell

When it is break time Noddy shakes his hat

His bell rings so hard it wakes the factory cat

Who sleeps in an outside shed

And has a fresh daily  dish of chocolate milk

 And the most comfortable cosy bed

A log table with a cloth of silk

Is ready so  the elves can be fed

With little toadstools to sit on

And be given dishes by the cook Alvin

Caramel cups

And strawberry spoons

Chocolate fountains

And bubble gum balloons

Every day there is a birthday party

Because there are so many elves at the factory

Each one having their celebration

Sounds of laughter and jubilation

Leaking from the walls

Everyone wants to visit there

 But we are told not at all

As it is a secret haven

A chocolate heaven

  When I open my back door

The smell in the air I adore

 

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

EASTER AND THE ELVES

BY

Fiona Cummings

Easter time is upon us

The elves are making such a fuss

Panicking getting everything ready in time

Making chocolate so delicious  so fine

 Noddy has rang his bell so much

Trying to keep the elves awake

All day and night they are making fudge

And wonderful chocolate cake

Naughty Norman the mischievous Forman

 Had words with the cook Elvin

He got caught tasting a chocolate bubble

So now  he is in deep dark trouble

Silicon moulds are all ready

For delicate hands so steady

That job is for the purple hatted Ellie

Who makes the nicest strawberry jelly

Mee ows can be heard out the back

From the beautiful ragdoll cat

Ellie hears this and hides a truffle

Under her purple hat

If she gets caught she too will be in trouble

But she absolutely loves that cat

Who else works at the factory

Oh yes there is Melanie

Who is known for her  Irish melodies

She is the sweetest elf who works there

With her velvet green hat and her carrot hair

She works alongside her Daddy

Lovingly known as Paddy

It’s his job to wash up the pots

And then there is Tixi

A silver haired pixie

Who has been there the longest

And says she is the strongest

All the others laugh

As she is so small she uses a coffee cup for a  bath

But she carries heavy trays

And pushes  machinery out of the way

When not  in use

If a jar lid is too tight

She is always the first to offer to make it loose

Then there is Carter

He is the new starter

His nose does twitch

And his taste buds they itch

So much they desire

The chocolate dust

The  Easter bunny for him is a must

Then there is Pam who’s  making the white chocolate lambs

Oh the smell from our nearby chocolate factory

Can be smelt from the extractor fans

Oh it’s on its way

I can’t wait for Easter  Monday

I shall look at my chocolate goodies

The chicks and the milky bunnies

And thank the Elves

For making delights so yummy

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: