translate

Sunday 13 December 2015

JUST BEFORE BED


 OK, this is weird. Just before bed, some words of wisdom. But these wise words or thoughts or whatever you call them are not from me. They are from my dog Wagga.

 

So, there we were, Hub and I, enjoying a nice evening tipple, I can say not something we do much of, but I have had a fancy of late for Amaretto. Hub had a masculine sherry. Oh yes, we are so trendy. So hip. Such trend setters!

 

Well, just as the people on the TV were about to announce the X Factor results just as I was about to dip into my dish of nibbles, we heard that dreaded sound. No, not the singers, but that burking sound that only a dog can do just before they are about to cough up their entire dinner.

 

Well, they were, both in their beds. Wagga came flying out of the bed as though to say, it wasn’t me Mummy. Little Fella strolled in wagging his tail looking rather pleased with himself.

 

Hub cleaned it up, then all over again. We cleaned it up again. And one more time just for a hat-trick. But the funny thing was, Waggatail knew when it was going to happen as the second and third time, she shot out of her bed before he did it.

 

How wise, and how did she know?

 

We have been wrapping gifts again for Christmas. Hub has a secret Santa gift to take to work. Do you remember last years? Oh my word. I mean, it is meant to be a small enough gift to slip in the office and hide in a box or sack. Last year, Hub took in a didgeridoo. You know, the Australian, or I should say Aboriginal bamboo instrument? You know those really long things? I think it was about three feet long. Oh, very discrete. Smile.  

 

My Son has just come in and it’s before the pumpkin hour. He has had a long day at work and then came in, ate dinner, showered and made his bed up thankfully. Bless him; he has totally made his bedroom furniture up from flat packs. Now, he was a little keen with the drill, but he is pleased with the outcome. He is eighteen and not many kids would or could do what he has done, so blind parents, really can bring up their kids to be so independent. Mind you, having said that, Hub and I have put up a few flat packs over the years. I love doing them but now days seem to have moved on to the next stage of flat packs. Now days they seem to be more difficult.

 

OK, just before bed some words.

“A task can be thought of in your life as drudgery, but those tasks take you to a place you would never go to without them. A task is something small to make you realise how to get to your dreams and appreciate them more.”

Fiona Cummings

No comments: