translate

Saturday 26 December 2015

JUST BEFORE BED FLOODS (FIONA CUMMINGS )


Just before bed. As the rain continues to fall in the UK and floods threaten us all but for some that threat isn’t an option, but something that is happening. The wind is wild, the rivers are flooding water is forcing buildings to crumble and people right now are homeless. They can’t get into their houses and their items at home are so damaged they are unable to be recovered.

 

 Imagine if that was you? I would totally panick. I really would be so afraid. As for the animals?  The cows in the field, sheep and horses. The wildlife like hedgehogs and as for the lakes with the ducks and swans on? I know it sounds stupid, but what happens there? If the water is flowing vastly out of control over the burst river banks, what happens to the birds on the lakes and rivers? We have a lake not too far from us, about a three minute walk. It’s scary right now. Our city two miles away has roads flooded. My Son is out in it, so no sleep for me tonight. But at least I have a warm bed to go to. Poor people who don’t right now. And do you know that they won’t be able to get their houses insured easily if at all after this disaster? Oh gosh, I just feel so sad for those people, and the children who received their Christmas gifts knowing that they are in the house that is under water right now.

 

Photographs all visual memories. Tactile and audio memories. Wiped out. But they still have a memory. I know this sounds harsh, and I’m not saying it’s OK, but no flood can remove your smiles from yesteryear.

 

So tonight just before bed, I would like to send love in the direction of those who are suffering tonight. For those people who have nowhere to go other than some kind of community centre for the night. For those who are disabled, I feel for them. For you if you are the person or people I’m talking about.

 

I hope that you will be alright and find some kind of silver lining out of this. Perhaps it’s one moment of human kindness you will see that you wouldn’t have if the rain hadn’t had come. I know you wouldn’t swap the kindness for a dry and safe house, there are no words I can say that express just how much I feel for you. I just hope wherever you are, you will find some kind of goodness out of the badness.

 

Just before bed, if you are safe and warm, no matter how sad or alone you feel now, you are far better off than so many people right now. The simple things in life are the best. Someone can have a load of friend’s family and possessions, but in a moment of a natural disaster, it can all go. You could have no one just yourself for company, basic items but be safe healthy and warm in winters.

 

Just before bed I want to send those who need support some love and I pray this will never happen to you again.

 

With love. X

No comments: