translate

Saturday 26 December 2015

FLOODS (FIONA CUMMINGS )


Well, as one of the dogs in the street is barking, the rest of the avenue of all sorts is hearing our bells with the winds and it’s like living near a river as huge amounts of water is flowing by, thankfully flowing by as the UK is suffering from floods right now. It was on our news that there could be deaths, some people haven’t been able to be in their houses this Christmas as the floods have made their way into their homes.

 

Hub got worried before as the noise is dreadful. I really don’t know what we would do if our house began to flood. It would scare me stiff.

 

I feel so sorry for those who have lost everything. Especially at this time of year. Our river in our town two miles away is rising and there are lanes blocked by water. Who is going to town tonight?

 Teen. Another night of worry for me right into the early hours of tomorrow as they don’t come home until it’s starting to get light.

 

He has found out there are no busses so he is getting a lift into town by a friends Mum and he will walk back. Well after he has had a drink, I hope he will be in sound condition to do so. Safely anyway. I tell you what Bloggets, I was horrified disgusted. You know I beg my Son to get a taxi home as when he is a little worse for wear, I want to know he is safe not trying to walk across roads for the two miles home. Well, he got a taxi the other night and I really wish I knew the company he used.

 

The driver sped all the way telling the kids as he was with his friends, he was on cocaine. Can you imagine? Teen said he was a little worried as the drivers eyes were starting to roll. My Lord. Really? What is the world coming to?

 

Well, now just before he goes out, he is at the cinema. Watching Star wars.

 

My little Waggatail is not well. She has been sick for a couple of days. I think it’s the new dog food. It’s not agreeing with her. I tell you, it’s not agreeing with me too, it’s awful. So slimy.

 

We had a power cut through the night. Thankfully we learned of this at nine this morning so Hub went to fix it and then we learned that our internet was down. This wasn’t our fault as the whole service was down with the rain.

 

There is more rain forecast and I am a little worried about here. I feel so sad for those affected. The world is going crazy. This kind of thing never used to happen in England.

 

Bloggets, once again thank you for your support. We are four hundred views off the big one hundred thousand. Now, will we do it before the end of the year? Five days to do this and most of my Bloggets are busy over the next week, so I think we may just, miss out but it would be so lovely to get to the goal. How bad am I? I am really grateful for your views every single one but to be so close to that big number would make my year.

 

I received a lovely email from a lady on Christmas Eve. She lives in South Africa. A huge hello to you and for the New Year ahead, best wishes from the UK.

 

 Please feel free to drop me a line just to let me know how you are doing and the reason you read my blogs would truly interest me. I have had all kinds of reasons why you do this. And each and every one of you is equally important.

 

Stay safe wherever you are. With love.

No comments: