translate

Tuesday 29 December 2015

DIARY OF THE GIRLS


 Well all I know is the eldest daughter has missed her train. Little one coming not sure about Alice. Teen off to work and house is quiet. Still in shock about yesterday’s stats. Once again thank you all.

 

I can’t believe the weather. It’s boiling out there. I went to the shops as Hub waited in for Emily coming from train station. I could have walked for miles. It was so warm; I went out without a coat and really could have sat out in that sun. So different to the awful rain storms we have had.

 

My Waggatail was fabulous. Each step I smiled and sure that passers-by would think there was a sandwich short of a picnic going on in my head, as I don’t want to think what I looked like, just I felt so privileged to be able to get out of the house. I have been in for some days now as rain and winds been dangerous. As the day progresses, the winds are to be gales and rain is forecast for tomorrow.

 

Dogs love their new toys and as soon as I returned home, feeling proud of my girl she and the Little Fella went crazy around the lounge. I’m glad my Waggs is feeling better.

 

What will the next few days have in mind? I really don’t know we haven’t planned anything but a house full of teenagers? And, two hyper dogs. After yesterday’s long walk for them, I thought they would be exhausted today, but no.

 

Funny when I was at the shop, I was talking to one of the members of staff and she said that I was lucky as she had to work and I was off so could go anywhere…. Yep, really? Nope. I have to be trained routes, have the confidence to go places I can’t jump in a car and drive somewhere. So many people don’t realise what life is really like for someone with sight problems. We go where we know how to get to. When we go, we don’t sight see on the way, we could be anywhere. It’s a, to B for us. We can’t relax, we have to concentrate listen for everything and expect anything. Be prepared for the worst, but when the best happens, like me today, I got to our shop without any incident and back, I bought what we needed and I was delighted. I appreciated the fact I did something that sighted people do in a heartbeat. For us it’s so much preparation.

 

Days of learning the routes with someone from Guide Dogs, teaching the dog the route too and remembering it. Every single step. Before we leave the house, we have to put our dogs in the garden to do their doggy doodles, get the lead, collar and harness as well as the dog bags. Remember our mobile phones for emergencies.  Then we are good to go.

 

I’m sure we will be going on some adventure this week with the girls. Until later, take care cos I care. X

No comments: