translate

Tuesday 8 December 2015

SUCH A COOL PARENT (Fiona Cummings )


 I’m being a rebel. My Hub is due home from work and his dinner isn’t on the table. Thankfully unlike my ex he won’t be bothered. It’s almost cooked but I am in no hurry to serve. I’m so anxious about my IPod. Teen took it to our town to try to get it fixed. I miss it so much. I do my shopping and everything on that. Waiting for a call from teen to see if it has been fixed. Knowing my luck nope!

 

The shop closes in twenty minutes. How far away is teen from it and did he remember a receipt? I don’t want it there overnight.

 

Teen is shopping and coffeeing with his friend. A nice lad. A guy from a wealthy background. An yet to talk with him he is as normal as me….. God help him.

 

Every time the lad comes to the house, I’m like an clown. I don’t know what it is. No wonder my Son meets his friends at the end of the drive. Hahaha. So I let the lad in, I wasn’t aware he was coming. So I was in a fluster. I had been cooking cauliflower. You know how that stinks the house out? I hadn’t cleaned the very messy floors. And as I rushed into the kitchen telling Quinton to take a seat, I was so in a hurry to open the kitchen window, I fell over the open dish washer. I’m waiting for a delivery so if you don’t answer in a second, they drive off. So I was like a spider on speed. My legs were everywhere I screamed and said in front of Mr. Prim and proper with the Father who earns over £200,000 per year and has a mansion worth two million

“Oh, bugger hell!”

Well, as I leaped over the open door landing just before the cooker, the house went silent. I guess it could have been worse? Oh, it got better, em. You know when you so badly want to be a cool parent and your kids friends turn up and you are wearing your comfy Nanna clothes? Yep, that was me. To top it all, I was wearing the same awful outfit I had on the last time he came. Hahheheheh. As teen left the house, Quinton told him he wasn’t wearing his shoes. So, OK, let it go Fi, say nothing.

Oh no. No can do.

 

“Oh, better than leaving without his trousers?”

Oh God.

 

Hub due home soon and little fella will have this place looking like a tip again. I got a picture of him today now I have to work out how to download, upload, and offload. Whatever gets it on here?

 

Waggs has spent the day in her bed. Have to go out later on tomorrow so she should be OK for then? As yesterday she walked and walked and walked as well as ran. She’s shattered.

 

My eldest Niece is coming tomorrow morning as is the new bed for teen. That will look lovely. First time my Niece has seen my house, welcome, with a tiny porch and a six foot mattress and planks in the entrance.

 

Later Gators with love. X

 

No comments: