translate

Monday 7 December 2015

path of the ghost by fiona cummings


PATH OF THE GHOST

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

As I stand

Yu touch my hand

Where are you?

In No man’s land?

My mind is clear

When I feel you near

Then a single hot tear

Falls down my cheek

What words to speak?

Can you even hear me?

My face, can you see?

As you are not there through my eyes

But I almost hear your breathing, your sighs

There are distant words

Fluttering like wings from far away birds

Is it my mind?

If so that’s unkind

As I so badly want it to be you

Such a thing as a ghost

Is this true?

If so, is that you?

I feel somewhat calm

You would never do me harm

I open my fingers

And your hand is placed in my palm

You kind of linger

But it’s as though you are not allowed to be here

Who will punish you if you are found out?

I’m not going to shout

Wherever you live do you escape?

Or are you allowed out?

Where is your land now?

I wish I could ask where and how

Who and when?

Then you are gone

Within seconds of ten

How do I feel now you have gone?

Safe, a place I belong

To know you can visit me when I’m feeling alone

As I so miss you

Can’t pick up the phone

Write you a letter

So if I feel your energy

I feel so much better

I just hope you can see me

When I am feeling happy

And I wish I could be there for you

When you’re feeling blue

And hear when you laugh

One day will I walk down your path?

 

Copywrite Fiona Cummings 2015  

No comments: