translate

Wednesday 2 December 2015

THE SUBTLE KICK


Good day Bloggets. Today is sunny, though I have not been out yet. I have to try and work out how to get Christmas cards. Sadly they don’t sell them in our local shop.

 

 Hub had some great news the other day about his Just Giving page


With the kindness of Hubs family and our friends, also people we don’t even know and lovely colleagues. For a Guide dog Hopeful puppy to be named after our darling Suki, AKA LC, so far with gift aid, over £1300, has been raised. This is amazing. We opened the page only in September of this year. Hubs Brother asked his place of work if they would try to help to raise money to name a pup. All of the money goes to Guide Dogs and a little fluff ball will be called after our girl. If she grows up to be half as good as Long Chops, AKA Suki, she will be the best sight for a blind or partially sighted person. Well, my dear brother in law told us to call his boss and Hub did to learn that they had raised £1000

 

So Hub has to collect this on Friday. He has to be there by half nine. So a very early start. It’s going to cost a lot of money, four taxis and two trains, but it’s for a great cause. I will be worried sick as Hub will be doing this all without a guide dog, and I know that he is very anxious too. The factory is only six miles from the station, but six miles in the taxi equals £20 each way. In total almost one hundred and fifty pounds for the journey, but as I said, the cheque is for a thousand, it’s so kind of people. We are touched. Our little bro has done us proud. My Husband is so brave doing this journey. I can’t go with him as I have to baby sit little Fella, or should that be little muncher. Hahaha. He can’t be left at all. I can’t wait to put a picture on here of him. People say he is so very cute. He is taller than my little Waggatail. I can tell you he Waggs as much as she does. Just not as funny. When Waggs Waggs, if you like, her bottom wiggles too. And her tail goes so fast you would think it was on a spring. Little Fella’s tail is more methodical. More like a swooping.

 

I can’t wait to learn about his puppy walkers. He does something really sweet and I want to know if they taught him or his boarders? I say boarders, as he had two. After eating the first ladies carpet, he moved on not because she wanted him to, bless her, but because his trainer wondered if he was becoming too attached to the lady and perhaps that is why he did what he did when she left him. But when he went to his next boarder, he ate too. I can’t remember what, but so far, apart from the T towel, he has been great. I’m sure it is a case of two things. One, he is protesting against something like the vet, or something he got upset about and two, he is so clever, really brainy he perhaps gets bored. There is a toy I want to get him for Christmas where you move the shapes and he gets a treat out of it. He has to work out how to move the shapes first. I am hopeful that he will be able to do this rather than just bite at the toy? We shall see if Santa brings this as he has been such a good boy.

 

Oh, remember the lovely big in fact huge dog we had for three weeks boarding? Oh I love that lad, well; he is with a lady now about to qualify and is doing well. He is getting lots of walks on the beach. So I hope he has found a very happy family to be with as really, when he left, I was so upset. I so badly wanted to keep him. But now he will be a guide for this lady and I hope a perfect partnership as he adored Hub and I know Hub got so attached to him. Because he looks so much like our Suki, that is what made it so difficult too.

 

Teen has a rare day off today. I must remind him to go to the garage again. His dam car isn’t right. I wish I could win the Lotto and buy him a decent car. The money I had to buy him one sadly my ex took last year. Long story that really makes me remember just what he is all about, so I don’t want to do that, I want to forget him all together. I always say, it would be great to have a pill that wipes out all bad memories.

 

 Someone said today to wake up to a dog with a wagging tail that is always so happy to see you is wonderful. If only all humans were so pleased to see each other and treat you like a good dog does what a wonderful world we would live in.

 

I’m not feeling Christmassy yet, are you? I would love you to send me anything you want me to write about or any Christmas jokes you may have or a Christmas story? I shall publish as soon as I get your mail. You can contact me here, or


 

OK I will go now to do some washing and then decide what is for dinner, last night it was delicious. I made roast beef for the boys, we had roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and a lovely cauliflower cheese with a kick. What was the kick? I opened a can of chilli beans and added half to the cauliflower before adding the cheese sauce. It was like a  subtle winter spice. I also added cherry tomatoes. All three plates were empty, so a result.

 

Before I go, I really hope if you are Christmas shopping this week, you may think about a neighbour who has no one? No visitors, no family who bother and no friends. Please a tin of biscuits, a bottle of sherry, or how about a smile and a card, not pushed through the letter box, but a knock on their door, it will mean the world. Christmas is a sad time for those alone. Who is your neighbour you don’t see throughout the year, but you know lives in that house?

With love.

No comments: