translate

Wednesday 30 December 2015

DIARY OF THE COSY CAR


 We have been joined today by countries such as, Isle of Man, Italy, Brazil, UK, Germany, US,   Portugal, Cyprus, Canada and Russia. Welcome all of you old and new.

 

 So what kind of day have I had? Well, I missed my boy as he was at work all day. He was due in at nine, but I received a phone call to say his blooming car was in trouble again. This time dangerous consequences. He had smoke coming from the tire. He thankfully pulled over and took a look. His wheel was wobbling. His tire had come off. Oh great, more money, but worse, he was five miles away from home in the pitch black on a road he wasn’t sure where he was.

 

Oh I won’t bore you with detail. I was so stressed that my heart was killing. It was pouring with rain, the winds are wild and he wasn’t near home there is obviously no way I can jump in my car and go and get him, this is one of many times when my eyes condition really gets me down. I know it makes him a stronger person and so much more independent than those who have parents with sight, but we do feel like we are failing our kids when this happens.  At the end of the day, or should I say night in this case, he is eighteen. A kid.  Thankfully our girls are not showing interest in driving. I know if teen hadn’t have driven, he wouldn’t have received his chance of this promotion and experience in life.  But oh boy, the cost and stress of it all? I wish he had hung on and bought a decent car. Icy weather, faulty brakes, and now goodness know what has happened to the wheel and tire!

 

So before the drama of the car, our eldest daughter arrived early this morning. At least she remembered to get on the blooming train today. So she brought breakfast bless her and she was a lot more awake than me for sure. 

 

After breakfast we all exchanged gifts. They bought us some lovely liqueurs and chocolate coffee truffles. Teen got a tasty liqueurs coffee flavour. Ours was Christmas pudding flavour. Well, if you old Bloggets remember Wagga and the coffee beans? We were bought two lots of chocolate coffee beans over a year. Some months apart. And Wagga stole them both. One was upstairs she sniffed them out as she never goes upstairs, this day, she decided to. Another time Hub was bought them for his birthday and they were left on the table in the conservatory and she stole them ate them all. She was blooming hyper for two days, both times.

 

When we were sitting eating the chocolates, they were wrapped in paper, but Wagga had that look on her face. She was adamant that they were for her; she was going to get them no matter what.  

 

We should have put them in a cupboard. Hub in bed now so not sure where he has put them. I should open the doors and let her run free and follow her? Hahahah.

 

We bought the girls some beautiful books. They love to read. Our eldest has her own house so she got a vintage looking biscuit barrel, as she is into vintage kind of things and it was bright yellow to match other items she has in her kitchen that colour. She got a printer so that will be useful for now and university next year and both girls received oil burners. With cinnamon oil and fluffy sock boxes with creams in. They got a scarf each with musical notes as both of them are singers for their Cathedral and both play music, so the scarfs have musical notes on them.  The little one got a lovely perfume called Red Jeans and a blue tooth speaker.

 

So a cosy day where we watched a great movie ate chocolate and the girls and Hub did karaoke whilst I cooked dinner. They had a three bird roast. Turkey with chicken and duck with a stuffing of cranberry’s and apricots. I made another stuffing of simple sage and onion and we had roast potatoes, parsnips, mushy peas, and sprouts.

 

The dogs are snoring, kids all in bed with their electric devices and I have closed the house for the night and I’m off to bed now, I’m shattered. A sleep in tomorrow I hope?  Hope your day has been peaceful until tomorrow, New year’s eve, yep, the day Teen is meant to get his car fixed, the day no one works, but we hope to go to the cinema to see a comedy and then to our neighbours house. Poor Wagga not sure if she will go to the cinema, though I hope so but if it’s raining like today, don’t know. Then tomorrow night will be the first big test for the Little Fella, remember he can’t be left alone? They say he’s OK if he is with another dog, we have not dared to leave him yet, but we are out at our neighbours, so he will be left for a couple of hours whilst we see the new year in.  I hope we don’t come back to a chewed up house? Smile.

Hmm. I might not be smiling and I think when teen finds out how much his car will cost, again, he won’t be either, but he has a fun night planned. And thank the Lord he isn’t with IT. That has been the best thing about this year. The witch is out of his life. The Evil one has gone. Sadly not far enough but out of his heart. I doubt she will have found another as no one will have the horrid little toad. So a year to celebrate and I’m sure those parents with children who are dating those who are no good for their kids, will empathise. Goodbye to old rubbish. X

No comments: