translate

Saturday 12 December 2015

PROUD


Good day Bloggets. Last night was a big test for Hub and myself. We were to go to our local restaurant to meet with a lot of people. I haven’t as yet walked with Wagga and Hub with Little Fella. As I said yesterday I was apprehensive but if I got left behind by the speedy twosome, at least I knew where I was going.

 

As I suspected, LF and Hub was away. I couldn’t hear them for the traffic. My shoes were dress shoes and the ground was slippy. The wet branches pushed me on my way with the help of the dark wind. The cars passing swished and swoosh with the excess water on the roads. Parts of our city are under water. We are lucky touch wood.

 

Passing by the shops Waggs and I frequent and at last into the warmth of our Lewis’s. Such a welcome we always get in there. Lead to our table, me keeping a tight hold on the forever hungerly Labrador; known as the one and only Waggatail.

 

We deliberately arrived early so we could get the dogs settled also if we met up with everyone we weren’t sure how LF would have coped.

 

Dogs tidily under the table with the harnesses off and in walked everyone. It was lovely to see Di, not seen her for ages, and our friends J and B sat next to us. On the end were our lovely friends we spend New Year with. And then in walked everyone else so I think sixteen in total.

 

We had a lovely night and the food was really good. And how well our dogs were? The baby Fella coped so well. He in fact was better than Waggs. Waggs thinks the only reason everyone comes out, is purely and simply to see her. So she did keep trying to get up to meet and greet. Must be funny for her as when we go to charity events, she is meant to be sociable but not when in eateries.

 

We left and Hub managed to keep to my speed, only because Little Fella was threatening to drop a doggy doodle. He didn’t though.

 

Our Teen had gone out and returned at half three this morning. He came to the restaurant as I didn’t hear the phone and he wanted me to know where he was going, got a lovely welcome from everyone. I was a proud Mum as people told me what a good lad I had and how well Hub and I had brought him up.  He is so polite to everyone and I was very delighted in the way he is so sociable with others.

 

It was a lovely evening. And as for today? Oh well, I can tell you, the last time my Husband had his hair cut was the week before our Long chops died. So the beginning of September. He was starting to look like a 60s reject. So, this morning he had an appointment with the hair dressers in our town. I booked it early as the amount of people later on would be awful. Well he hasn’t done our town yet with Guide Dogs Staff, so I was a little anxious. But it is a very simple route so on he went. It would have complicated it if I had gone as the two of us in the town with me with my white cane would be a nightmare until LF gets used to me.

 

Once again I did the route with my Hub in my head and he text me when he got there and thankfully he returned safely and so proud of his little fella as was I proud of them both. He can’t do any other shops in the town until he has been taught the route with LF. Especially as it’s been three months since he did them, he will need refreshing.

 

So a successful night and day. As for now, we are off to try to write our Christmas cards. How many will go in the bin? How many will have a pen that doesn’t work? We won’t know until we are told, but hey ho, here’s hoping.

 

So until later with lots of love.
 

No comments: