translate

Wednesday 2 December 2015

DIARY OF THE LITTLE FELLA (FIONA CUMMINGS)


So today the little fella took his Daddy out for training. They went to the local shops, restaurant and Chemist. After last night that was the first day of training at home, the little fella knew that his Daddy was disappointed when he returned home. So LF messed for the first time on a walk. Daddy was shocked by that as Little Fella had always been so clean. There is nothing worse when our dogs do that as finding it? It’s awful, anyway, Hub had a bag and the trainer took it to a bin. That is the other thing, how to find a bin?

 

 Hub has a tendency to turn facing slightly towards his dogs when walking, he said he thinks it’s a blind thing, and he can’t think why else he does it. I’m the opposite, I pull away from a guide but really not sure what I do with my Wagga? I think Hub wouldn’t even know he did this if not for his trainer telling him. Anyway, he has to not do it. So lots to think about, some new words he has not used before, all of the hand actions and foot actions, though by the sound of it, his trainers are not as bad as mine was about foot actions. Honestly, when I used to cross roads with my trainer who taught me with Wagga, it was as if I were ten pin bowling. In the end, I refused as by the time I thought about my feet, my hands and my dog, my commands too, and then there was the important thing of actually crossing the blooming road? They like you to put your feet in such a way you don’t stand on the dog as you are leaving the kerb. Well, I may not have stood on her, but for sure I would have fell over as I just didn’t get the positioning.

 

So it was dark and wet last night. Today it was dark this morning but not too wet. Apparently Hub did so much better today and as for Little Fella, he was a star. Hub said he is one of the best workers he has ever had. He has had five now, our best was the beautiful Suki, AKA Long Chops. Oh she was something else. I asked Hub is Little Fella as good? To my surprise he answered yes if not better. Now this shocked me as I felt some kind of disloyalty to our big girl, but Hub said, Suki was so special, she  was a great worker, nine out of ten most days sometimes ten sometimes seven. But LF gets nine out of ten every day. Suki was different. Unique Hub says. She would think like Hub. She knew his routine. She was magical. I promise, I have never ever seen such a brilliant dog, she was a German Shepard cross and I swear by them. Half retriever half Shepard. A mix of loyalty, love and intelligence. She was like a map. A sat nav. If a route was blocked, Hub didn’t have to do anything; she would stop, look and then figure out another route. I have never heard of such a dog. The thing is, when she did the new route, she would always bring Hub out where he would or should have been originally. Oh I miss our baby girl so much. But Little Fella, he is a lovely lad and I think almost sure he will be a perfect match for Hub. I know Hub loves him already and is so grateful for him. As for me, well, apart from a T towel, he hasn’t yet eaten anything! Where’s the wood to touch for luck?

 

I’m not sure how he got the towel, as he isn’t allowed in the kitchen. The door is always closed. He had been to the vets that day, he didn’t like it, he has ironically bad eyes, not bad eyesight, just cataract and something else I can’t remember what it’s called, but its fine now after his week of drops. Cataract in dogs isn’t like it is for humans. It doesn’t affect the sight. Well, this is what has been said. I know that if there was a chance of him having bad sight he wouldn’t have made it as a guide dog. So I wonder if this is why he ate my t towel? Because he didn’t like the vet?

 

 I bought a new bed for both dogs, yes, one bed. As we had two old ones and they both lay together. My little girl used to lie like that next to my old retired Black Beauty right up till she died. On my girls last day, little Waggs was like glue to BB. Lay almost so close she was under her. When it came to giving Waggs her dinner, she wouldn’t come. We had to get her collar and pull her away from Black Beauty, her big sister. So now she is like this with Little Fella. And he loves her. They kiss each other on the mouth. Hub says it’s gross. I say it’s cute.

 

We have all been put on a new dog food for all of our dogs. Oh my word. It’s disgusting. You should smell it? It’s like liver. I really don’t like the company where it comes from, because they can never tell you when it’s coming and the people who deliver leave it anywhere outside though I am in the house, they don’t even knock. But everyone in the UK will move to this company. Guide Dogs get the best food and by all of us moving the organisation save quite a lot of money and that is what they need to do as next year there are a lot of changes. Not just for Guide Dogs, but for all charities. So smelly liver it is.

 

Hub is out tonight volunteering in a local group. One of the ladies who is secretary there picked him up. He goes once every two months. He is trying to get me involved, but no, I have too much to do as it is. He wants me to be secretary when this lady retires. No, the lady is great at her job and they are big shoes to fill. So I’m babysitting his lad as obviously he can’t take him out as Hub isn’t qualified yet. I hope he will be soon, then we can go out again as a couple, mind you, it will be odd after so long?

 

When Hub qualifies with him, I will get teen to try and upload, download whatever load you do to put a picture of the two dogs on here.

 

OK update on my chest infection. Gosh the noise has changed. Can you remember when we were kids, if you are the same age or there about as me, space dust? It was fizzy powder like sherbet you put in your mouth and it crackled! That’s me right now. Well, that is what I sound like. It was on my chest, now at the back of my throat. Gosh, it’s odd. I feel great today though, just can’t get my breath still and do cough a little not half as much though.

 

Wrapped some more gifts for Christmas today. I’m almost there with that.

 

Right, going for now, but have some great news about Hubs Just giving page. Very exciting. And a video coming up too.

 

Tomorrow, LF and Hub more training. A new route. This time I think over that evil road. I really am not sure what the heck Hub is playing at, but he so badly wants to use the shops and cinema over there as well as the restaurants.

 

 Hub is due in soon, he has been out two hours. The dogs have gone wild with their toys. I let them out some seconds ago and now put them to bed. Just cleaned the floors for the third time today. So no more action from eight paws. I suspect they are rather shattered. After they have played all night, I let them in the garden to run and chase. They came in so happy had a drink, now shut eye. I was a little concerned how LF would be without Hub, but he is fine, as though he’s not bothered. Hahaha.

 

Later gators. X

No comments: