translate

Tuesday 1 December 2015

SO MUCH TO CHAT ABOUT


Good afternoon Bloggets. What with life, and other things, I am here at last. So yesterday, I went into the office. I only have an hour and a bit before I had to leave to give a talk. Then back for another couple of hours again before I headed home. Hub had training from home today and I had an appointment again with the nurse. No good saying the Doctor, as our Doctors is like meeting the pope. Not many people I know can say they have met the Pope.

 

Well, Hub headed off first with the sky being mischievous with rain. Then I let my Waggatail out to her dog run and she was so happy to go off again. Now my way to our Doctors is the same way Hub would be training. I didn’t want to clash into him or disturb him. Also I was so afraid in case Waggs saw Hub and the Little Fella and not want to work for me to get me further on my way.

 

It was so dark with the rain. I feel the dark as you see it. The ground was so wet and dirty. I still had my good office clothes on. I should have changed but didn’t have time. I’m so grateful that the wind had stopped. Oh for two days now it’s been so wild.

 

Well after walking for about ten minutes, with wet branches kissing my face; I turned the right corners and headed towards our shops. There was Hub and his lovely instructor. We made a joke about the neighbourhood going downhill meeting these odd people and I carried on walking past them. Waggatail didn’t even stop to sniff the Little Fella.

 

Hub is getting a little tired now of his days as he is combining work with training and though LF will be his fifth guide dog, each time we train, it’s different. Or, because it’s been about eight or nine years since we last trained, we forget some things.

 

Each Trainor seems to have different ways in training too. Different commands. Mostly the same instructions, but there are slight changes.

 

We haven’t had any time off work either since July so all three of us are exhausted. This weekend was full on with decorating our house with Christmas lights and so on also making sure that the little fella didn’t eat anything.

 

May I remind all dog owners, please watch your dogs with tinsel? If they eat it, they could cut their insides. If you put chocolate decorations on your tree, or under your tree, your dog will sniff it out as they smell things so much more than us humans. Chocolate is poison for dogs and again, the foil they are wrapped in, can cut. Also party season, please be careful with cocktail sticks? If a dog gets one of those, they almost surely will die. If not die, will have to get put to sleep. And don’t ever feed your dog’s raisins. They are also poisonous.

 

So round two with my Doctors receptionists.

 

Oh you would have died with me? I was mortified. In fact my mortar has never been so fied. Before we turn into the Doctors surgery we find the post box. Two reasons, one so I know where to go to post a letter, two so I know if I find the post box, I know where I am.

 

Firstly I feel Waggas head she is with nose on I hoped box. Oh, I felt the box. It wasn’t the letter box. It was a ladies bottom. Hahahahahahahaha I’m saying nothing more on that subject.

 

Well, how was I to know she was there? There was no sound at all I guess why should there be as she was on her own, so she isn’t a car with an engine? But when she saw me heading towards her, wouldn’t you think she would say hello? Just to let me know she was there? Hehehehehe. Bless her she was so sweet and told me not to worry…

 

So from a sweet person into the dragon of a receptionist. Thankfully there was a man in front of me talking to one of the ladies behind the desk. So I knew where the back of the queue was. He left. My turn I was dreading it. The mouse spoke and I answered. Then asked if she could show me my seat. She shocked me and agreed. But, the dragon who was so dam rude last time and the three times before was still on the phone. So the lady came around and grabbed my hand. Pulling me towards the seats. Then she kind of manpowered me and instructed me to sit. I hate that; if you are guiding a blind person to a seat, please show them the back of the chair. Put their hand on your arm tell them to follow your arm down to the chair back. Then you know which way to sit. Same with a car really, most people make a big thing about showing the person the height of the car and so on, and then let them to it. So, which way is the car facing? Whereas if you put their hand on the back of the seat, they will know which way and we are not stupid, we then judge the gap to get in.

 

But an improvement for sure on last visit. Then the nurse came out and she told me to wait, she would come and get me? Gosh, what had happened? Well, I think after the last time, there must have been some complaints. The receptionist was the worst she has ever been and the room was quiet for once and I did make my mouth go as she on the third time of me asking for her to show me a seat, she shouted across the room to a patient and asked him to show me a seat, I apologised to the gentleman saying he shouldn’t have to do that. He was furious with the receptionist. I think perhaps if not him; another patient may have said something as the staff today for the very first time was helpful. I still would like to go with a member of staff from Guide Dogs and give a lecture on how to behave with dignity when it comes to blind people.

 

I got more antibiotics this time they are really strong. Seven days again. Out of there and to the chemist. Again, the lady in there was adorable. And the wet dark walks home again. Wagga worked so well. I wasn’t sure about the darkness though, especially walking along that cycle track bit with the bushes all the way, but there is a busy road at the other side so knew the headlights would shine on me. But I did keep my self-defence lessons in my head all the way back. There is a corner I turn where for a short while I’m on my own. But the feeling of being able to go out in the dark is powerful. As when I had sight, my vision, disease if you like forbids me from seeing anything at all in the dark. Now? I don’t need to use my eyes to get from A. To B.

 

To my front door and few. The relief of getting home safe. Hub was back from his training. He beat himself up with it. He said he did rubbish. Oh, and his Little Fella spent whilst on his walk. And I’m not talking money.

 

 

I gave a talk to a little school yesterday. Only 65 children. Oh the head teacher was so lovely. Anyway the question of the day from a pupil was.

“When you are driving your car, how do you know where you are? Hahaheheheheh. Bless. Then I went to talk with the nursery children. Oh they are so  cute. Their tiny hands makes me wonder how my huge teen got from that to this?

 

OK, time to start cooking dinner. Later gators. Still have so much to tell you all. X

No comments: