translate

Thursday 18 October 2012

We looked right ones!


We looked right ones

My Hub came in from London and during transit, he asked by mobile if I fancied going out for supper? I told him I had been a domestic Goddess and culinary cuty and “Took a box of frozen chicken from the freezer?” Not sure why, but he said,

“Oh let’s go out for supper! So teen was at the cinema, seeing a horror so God help us over the next few days/nights? So we went out to our local Thai restaurant. It was cold and dark…. Walked the walk. My little black beauty does not like working in the dark and Hubs longchops said in her doggy voice

“For Goodness sake, do you know I have worked in London all day?” So I can’t say they were keen, but I was looking forward to my salt and pepper mushrooms and rice. “Oh yes! I know how to dine?  Haha.

Well I got attacked by that rotten branch at the bottom of our street and walked through a puddle, but we  found it with ease, well, we thought? As we walked into the restaurant, we stood, feeling rather red and walked out quickly, as we had walked into a storage room or some kind of building? We turned to each other bemused as we were sure that was the right place? So we turned and went back again. From the sawdust smells which met us at the door, to the bare floor, we knew it was the wrong place. It was like being in a parallel world. Walking back in time. We  knew that was the place we knew that route so well, but the carpets were missing, and plants we carefully try not to knock over were gone. Replaced with emptiness and echoes.

A man shouted to us,

“Can I help you love? I told him I was looking for the Thai restaurant. He replied

“Oh yes, this is it, we are refurnishing it.” “Oh!

So out we came stood, looking at each other and I said I would just cook supper, Husband “No, I really can not be bothered with a full meal at this time of night. Me

“Well the  only place left is the Pizza shop. We had never  been in  there before, but got in ok and stood for ages, thinking we were at the counter but it was so high that they would not see the guide dogs as they were too low. So if we were at the wrong place, we would be stood there for a long time.

Then we were asked if we would like to place an order? “Few?

Well ten minutes later our Pizzas were handed to us. Oh my word? They were in huge boxes. We struggled with the dogs harness and our boxes  all the way home. I felt and sure I looked like a tea pot, as I curled my arm under the box at my side. My arm was  dropping off by the time  I got back, but they tasted delicious. On our way home though I told my Hub I felt a right Charlie we must have looked so daft? He said, he was not  bothered as it was dark? I said dark means nothing to the sighted and there were street and car lights to aluminate us. I’m not kidding, the boxes were enormous?

Well teen got back safely, though slightly terrified and told me some really funny stories about his night that made us laugh and we watched a great drama on the telly. All in a day. X

     

No comments: