translate

Thursday 11 October 2012

SENDING A SMILE


Good morning, I hope this finds you well? Today it’s back to work. My Husband is in London for the day and I am here but not on my own……

I have my gardener here… He is planting some so called rockery plants. Though the rockery he made for me the last visit, I kind of changed, so it is not a rockery anymore. Well the truth is, it never was. His idea of a rockery, was a line of stones. So he has brought the plants for it, but no rockery in sight! “Oopsy?”  Oh well!

It is cold here today. Crisp. I like the autumn for that and in the distance, I can smell coal fires and chocolate from a nearby factory, which makes delights. Our dogs noses were twitching, as they went out for their contributions!

After yesterday’s rather serious discussion, I thought I would feed you with my Sons idea of cringe worthy jokes. You will find them below. Talking of the teen, he has been made class President. He received twenty votes, out of twenty one. What this means? Not sure other than he was a popular boy. So now I have two Presidents in the house, my Husband also is a President with regards work/his job. No, I’m not married to President Obama, of the United States?

I have lots of research to do with regards the Nativity play I am to write for our  church. It has to be ready in the next few days and as yet I have not started it, but our lovely friend from Church, sent me last year’s script so I have a rough idea what to write. Never have I wrote a play before so please help if you can? Ideas would be appreciated.

A new bed is due for the teen today, so no doubt some D.I.Y, will be in order for him tonight. Last night, he travelled into town to go to a new class. What a nightmare he had? One of his friends asked him if he would like to join their martial arts class, where they box etc. Well my lambkins, is not the fighting kind, though to get him out of the house, I thought would be good for him, so I agreed to pay the expensive fee for the night. He did not know what bus to catch, where to get off or when he got off, where to go. So a time for Mum to have heart in mouth syndrome again. Dark nights an all!

The bus driver told him he would tell him when he got there. So the engine of the bus turned off and Teen asked was he there? The driver replied

“Oh no, it’s about fifteen minutes up there! Teen

“But you said you went just outside where I have been told to go and you would let me know?” Driver

“Oh, yes, sorry. My shift ends here. There is another fifteen minute walk, if you wanted outside the place, you had to get the next bus!” Teen

But you said you went there? So on it went, well Teen walked and phoned me as he did, as the streets were filled with the dark blanket of early autumn nights. He  was talking to me, on the mobile, as he walked and   stopped a couple of people asking them where a shop was he was meant to meet with his friends, they told him they were tourists and did not know. Well credit to him, he found out where he needed to be to meet his friend and phoned his friend asking where he was? His friend replied,

“Oh, is it me that was to meet with you? I thought it was …..?” Anyway, to cut a long story short, that friend ran all the way bless him and they got to the place just in time and he came home very late about half ten, which is too late for a school night to be in the middle of town and his nose was not broken thank God, I will find out tonight what he thought of it.

Well now for I hope at least a smile? Till laters  my friends. x

A post man, was going through the neighborhood on his usual route, delivering the mail. As he approaches one of the homes he noticed that both cars were still in the driveway. His wonder was cut short by Derek, the homeowner, coming out with a load of empty beer and spirit bottles for the recycling bin. 'Wow Derek, looks like you guys had one hell of a party last night,' the Postman comments. Derek, in obvious pain, replies 'Actually we had it Saturday night. This is the first I have felt like moving since 4:00 am Sunday morning. We had about fifteen couples from around the neighborhood over for some weekend fun and It got a bit wild. We all got so drunk around midnight that we started playing WHO AM I.'
...The Postman thinks a moment and says, 'How do you play WHO AM I?''Well, all the guys go in the bedroom and we come out one at a time with a sheet covering us, with only our 'family jewels' showing through a hole in the sheet.. Then the women try to guess who it is.'The Postman laughs and says, 'Sounds like fun. I'm sorry I missed that. ‘Probably a good thing you did,' Derek replied,

“Your name came up at least seven times!

No comments: