translate

Monday 15 October 2012

GOODBYE


Good morning my friends. Well I awoke this morning during a deep relaxing sleep. One thing I am not used to having. It was silly time in the morning. My husband had to get up for work. London today. He really hurt his foot yesterday when we were filling the skip! He decided to do a karate move on a stubborn box and his foot twisted, so I got up and provided him with a cup of tea and two soluble paracetamols. A nice cocktail for breakfast. It was freezing. I had to tear myself from my slumber, as I was aware that my Husband had  got up fifteen minutes before so my deep sleep  had been interrupted already and I was hoping to lay in the warmth of my bed till the end moment!

So long  chops found out she was going to work and she was delighted, even at that time in the morning, that dog would work 24/7. Mine, was tucked in her bed.

I made sure Hub had everything necessary for a day in London town and kissed him goodbye. Not long after that, was my teens turn to say goodbye. A word I dislike immensely and got me thinking, about what the meaning of the word goodbye is? So my homework of the day started as the birds outside on this bitter cold morning, were beginning their breakfast of stale bread.  

 Goodbye is the pinnacle of the English shortened version of God be with ye,, put into seven lowercase letters. From the end of the 16th century we changed God be with ye to goodbye! So remember next time someone says goodbye to you, it is a blessing?

Or is it? I really do not like that word, unless of course a unwanted relative or so called friend has outstayed their welcome, or come unannounced? I love people at my house, but people I like and want to be with. I have spent years with people coming to me who I really do not want, but now I have learned the word “No! I only have wanted people now. I got sick of being used  as a baby sitter, or somewhere to come to gossip about so called mutual friends. I like gossip, but fun gossip, not nasty gossip, where people call others and when that other comes  into the room, the nasty gosiper turns so nice to that person they were moments ago calling. With me, I say what I mean and get wrong all of the time off my Husband. I would rather be like that then two faced!

Well I hope this Monday morning finds you all well and not too daunted by the week ahead? I know my Husband is very daunted as he has London today, gets back very late and tomorrow early London again and back after seven then Wednesday, Peterborough. Thursday working from home and Friday, Romania for the weekend. Then he is home a few days and off for  a month to America, Canada and  Thailand after that. So you now may  know, why I don’t like the word Goodbye? x  

No comments: