translate

Tuesday 16 October 2012

HOW DO WE CARRY ON


HOW DO WE CARRY ON

It is way after midnight. I went to bed early as my Husband came in from London and has to be up at six for his next long train journey. I just could not sleep, as my mind was full of words and thoughts. My American borrowed Mum, told me last night that her man who fixes her computers wife had died. She has had cancer for a long time and had all the harsh treatments to try to save her. So very sadly she passed away a day ago. Leaving all the animals she loved, including a cat and chickens. Her vast vegetable garden only she knew how to manage and her doting beloved Husband. They had no family, so they lived for each other. Now, the poor man has no one!

I really ache for him. My heart is  bursting with sadness and I have never met the man, but the pain I feel for him is to me, incredulous! I really can not understand how I feel such sadness for this poor man, the only way I think I am feeling like this is to think how I would feel if I had no one? He lives in the country away from people and has no children or friends near him. He will be surrounded by his wife’s life, an yet all the living in his heart has died.

To sleep in their bed with no one beside him. To put on the kettle, getting two cups ready, then realising he only needs one now. To want to talk to someone and turning to do so to find an empty room? I ache for this poor man who lives across the pond. A man who I have never met and never will!

Thank God my American Mum will be there for him some of the time. She told me she had made him a roast pot and a peach pie! She is a great person and so many people need her. She will never know how much she helps others, by her cooking, by her words but most of all, by her time! She is a born giver. So for a short time today, the lonely, lost man will have my American borrowed Mum.

Bless her, bless the man and bless you all out there if you are in the same situation! I truly wish I could be there for you.

No comments: