translate

Saturday 13 October 2012

THE CORNISH PASTY


Cornish pasty

We woke this morning to the sounds of the Cathedral bells doing their rounds. We only sometimes hear them, it depends where the wind fancies going on that day? My teen was going to the town with his friend and we needed to go to. This  caused a problem for him, as we use the same bus. Oh, dear, he could not be seen with his old Mum and Dad, so we had to leave before him and I was to text him when I was safely out the way on the bus, so he could let his friend know the coast was clear and it was ok to leave the relevant houses meet at the bus stop and avoid the dreaded parents! He said to me,

“Well Mum, if you’re on the same bus, my friends and I will not be able to talk?” I was unaware, that if I was on the same bus as the teen, their tongues would be removed?

Well our  bus came after waiting only two minutes. My black beauty found a seat and my Hubby got one behind somewhere. I really tried to take in my  route on the bus, waiting for corners, bumps in the road rougher lanes, but I just cannot do it. My Husband knows everything, every turn. I am hopeless. He told me it was the next stop so off the bus I went.

I know the first  part of the route, to the bank, on the way there we heard the sound of the key shop and went in as our garage key was to be ready. Came away from there, passing the market stalls and so many boxes as well as all the different buskers. One day, I tell you, we will be joining in with the music and not by choice, how  our dogs avoid the vast musicians, is beyond me? There was a great  group playing jolly music, kind of folk music and a pop group as well as a saxophone and a man playing a guitar. That combined with the never ending bells from the churches and Cathedral,  blending in with the noisy traffic and the music coming from shops, totally confused me, I cannot hear my Husband for sure not his footsteps and even when he says my name, I don’t hear. Too many people and too much going on.

To stay together is a challenge but one we have learned to deal with. If my Husband takes his rucksack, I hold onto the strap on the back, so we might look odd, but it is better than looking dead!

The first time I went to the town with Hub, I was wondering off down the road,  not knowing I was not on the path as an ambulance or something with a siren came flying past at speed. Oh boy it was so so scary?

We went to the bank and then to the dry cleaners to pick up the suits we had dropped off last week. A miracle we found it again but my Husband  is amazing and my little dog remembered the doorway so the choice of about eight on that street, she picked the right one.

Inside the shop was for sure a weekend worker who was a Head mistress through the week. Oh my God and I pitty the pupils? Those blooming clothes would not dare be creased when they came out of the place. One look from her and that would be enough to decrease the most travelled clothes. I tell you, even I walked out of there an inch taller.

Well we could not at first find the crossing back but stopped listened and walked to the sound  of it. We did so well and even walked into the shop for my famous Cornish pasties. Oh, they are sosossosososososososossssso delicious. Brought them home after waiting fifteen minutes for the busy boistress bus and sat through the sounds of the screaming kids and demented Mothers. A blog for another day, because really, as a writer, sitting on a bus, you can find so much material.

We got home and  ate our offerings and drank coffee. Later on, glutton for punishment, we are going back into town an going to our Indian restaurant. We only have been once and that was with a friend, who was sighted, well, gosh, I hope she still is? Hahahahah. Oh one funny thing before I go, I heard a man telling his child as we were waiting to cross the road that the dogs could tell their owners when the green light flashed so we knew how to cross. Really, some very very odd people out there?

Love for now lots to talk about so will be back at some point soon. xxxxxxx

No comments: