translate

Friday 12 October 2012

GOOD MORNING MY FRIENDS


Good morning my friends

How are you all today? Me? Thank you for asking, I am ok! I have a difficult few weeks ahead, but will have to cope. I have been working on the start, and I literally mean the start, of the Nativity play I am writing for our church.

  The teens bed making went well, I should say his new bed arrived and he assembled it himself. He slept on it and it is still up today. The boxes on another hand, are all over the landing. It came in four boxes. For a single bed, ridiculous.

I have started Christmas shopping. I know it is a bit early, but the stress of Christmas is awful and I would like to get everything out of the way, so I  can get into the Christmas feeling. What is the Christmas feeling? What does Christmas mean to you?

Some of you will have young families and the excitement, will be buzzing. Some of you will be on your own and the dread of the big day will be just too much to cope with and others will  be facing Christmas with the knowledge that you have lost a loved one and it will be your first Christmas without that person.

Others will be laughing and looking forward to Christmas, making plans with the family. For you? There may be a chair which should have been filled with a loved one. How devastating for you how dreadfully painful. I lost my parents fourteen years ago and it still hurts but you have to paint on your smile for others, or do you?

All I can say to you is the first Christmas I was without my parents, I was thirty. I had a one year old baby and I had also lost my sight that year. It was rough. We had no family apart from us three. I bought a beautiful seven inch teddy for the Christmas tree. He  has a tiny face, with a black tweed hat and a red velvet coat. Black boots and a tartan scarf. He hangs from the tree every year and his Chrystal tears remain  on his face. “Are they tears of sadness/loss, or  tears of happiness?” Well he has seen so many sad seasons but also witnessed happy moments. And we do have them again. There is not a day goes by, without me feeling so so sad for my Mum and Dad, but we have to move forward. We have to, though we  may have a hole in our hearts.

You can also do something to help others at Christmas. You’re not the only one who is or may be alone. If your happy and have a perfect life, stop and think how lucky you are and give  back even for one hour. Remember a smile or a text or phone call, will make someone’s world a better place.

Tomorrow we are back in the town. We need again to find the blooming  dry cleaners. I hope to God we can, as there are about £500 worth of suits there. Haha, imagine if we cannot find the shop? That for sure will be a “Oopsy!” moment!

I am going to look for some jokes for a laugh at lunch and then I must do some housework. Till laters my friends and please get back to me letting me know what kind of blogs you prefer, as Some days I have my mad hat on, other days I have my thinking hat on and then there are serious days of writing words of woe! xxx

No comments: