translate

Thursday 25 October 2012

In town for tea


In town for tea

My friend, who is also blind and his dog, Hub and myself along with Longchops and Black beauty, all went to the town. We had lunch and then went into the pastry shop and then we found the soap shop, by smell and public. No, I  did not go around sniffing the public, we asked the public. The shop is exquisite. The Man in the shop with its gentle calming music in the background, was so helpful and showed us what he made in the shop. Oh the things he sold were beautiful? My friend bought glass dishes with trifles in. The trifles were desserts, made from soap. I was in smell heaven. I imagined the place to be a grand old hall with chandeliers, this is the impression it gave.

After that, we came home. We did really well keeping all together and then turned around and came back into town to have tea at the beautiful hotel we had my Husbands birthday tea at. It was difficult to find, but we did and loved it. It was very  posh and our friend loved  all the opulence of the place. The silver was stunning as was the food. All dainty, just like me? “Oh, Ok, may be not like me then!”

Well we were very refined and on our best behaviour. I was demure, hahaha, and suddenly this dreadful tune if you can call it that,  from the group The Wizzle kids or something, came from our friends coat pocket, which was hanging up in the distance. Oh God, how embarrassing?

Not only did it go once  but twice. It was my teen who declined from coming, worrying where we were  as I did not text him to let him know we were ok?

Then all went well again as the height challenged man from the hotel, showed us where the bus stop was. Well I am very tall. 5ft 9inch and the man, was about 4ft 10inch. As he stretched up to reach my arm, holding his little arm out like a pan handle, we walked the streets of the town. Hub  with his LC, Friend with his dog and me white stick. We looked a right lot, I could not take the smile from my face.

Got home safely though and a good day had by all. Will write lots tomorrow as my friend going home then and will have lots of time.

My dear husband off to Canada today. With love.

 

 

No comments: