translate

Saturday 6 October 2012

THE THINKING TREE By Fiona Cummings


THE THINKING TREE

By Fiona Cummings

 

 As the rivers flow and time passes by

I sit under my favourite tree

 wondering why

This has happened to me

The green leaves are sheltering me from raindrops falling

Protecting me from seasons warnings, calling

As summer ends and autumn falls

The raindrops sing their song of sadness

Leaving me to debate madness

Puddles of pain, pool around my feet

Shivering within, praying for heat

People passing by

We all live under the same sky

But how different our lives can be

Some lucky people have a family

For me

I have no one

No home

I just roam

But always come back to my shelter of my tree

It is here where I belong

It is here where I can be free

No one can hurt me when I am alone

Though I ponder on my past

Weary of my life going so fast

What do I have to show for it but my heart of warmth

My words of wisdom

And my story to tell

How I have travelled to heaven and found myself in hell

 

(“GOD BLESS THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE A SHELTER TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT)

No comments: