translate

Tuesday 16 October 2012

THE BUS JOURNEY


The bus journey

It’s amazing what you can learn to think about on a bus journey. If you have sight, I guess you see the wonders of the passing world, if you can’t see, you hear the hell of peoples life. I must say there is very little niceties that go on in the real bus life? Over the past few days that I have been travelling by our local bus, it has not been pleasant, though people have been very kind. Old ladies asking if we wanted their seats if on the two out of six occasions the bus was full. We decline and they insist bless them. Got me thinking, what would happen if there were no old people on the bus, I guess it would not be as  full, or what will happen when the old people are no longer here? When the seats are full with the now generation? Will they be as polite? Is politeness a thing that has passed us or does it come to us when we are old?  Is it a lesson learned later on in life or a teaching which has been long forgotten?

People always talk to us, about our blindness or dogs. Never ask how we are what we have been up to or what we are going to do or tell us about  their lives, or let us know what we are passing, so I just people listen. Loved tells me that I am too obvious that I am listening. I tell him that I am discrete. He says I am like a sledge hammer and need to wind my neck in!

Well the young Mother with the three children two of which were out of school. Remember, the other blog where she was sick of her child and lifted the child over her shoulder as she got off the bus in a manner that was a little energetic, stotting the child’s head off the window?

Well they were on the bus later on in the day as my Husband went to the Cathedral. So whether they just liked busses or had a busy life, I am not sure. One thing I was sure about, they were not going to the Cathedral? My Husband laughed as he told me that the two  eldest of the children, were called Holly and Molly! I can tell you, the Mother was not jolly!  Her baby boy, was still crying as he was when we saw him earlier on in the day, so she did not kill him with the bang to the head thank God!

An old man got on and he sat next to another man, of the same years. Bless them, they started to chat. So innocently their conversation went. How they did not know each other but by the end of the journey did. Then there was a  man got on with his girlfriend. It was not late, not late at all, but his girlfriend called Jean, did not have a clue where she was and the few words that she could say, were how silly she had been that night. I think she was not just drunk?

Her boyfriend who was much older than her, spoke to her in a way which lead the listener to believe that he could hurt her. His mean gritted teeth, tore at her mind and the way his stiff, an yet still body sat, said he could create bruises on her brain.

I was sure she was going to be sick and she was behind me. Thank God she wasn’t.

I really felt so sorry for her, not because she was obviously under some influence, as that is self-harm. I leave my empathy for those who have illnesses that they do not ask for. I felt for her because she was a week person who was unable to stand up for herself against the monster of a man she was with.

I wished I could have got her help? Got her away from him! How though?

There were young girls on the bus. About thirteen. Talking by text to each other. That was the signs of the days we live in. Just giggles could be heard as bleeps of babbled jargon could be sent to each other. I guess you can’t laugh by text yet, though there is LOL?

A Polish lady drove us on one of our journeys, she was very nice and a good driver. Who would want to be a bus driver these days? I would really not like it, as specially at nights!

So many people going on their way. With their lives a head of them. Each one with their own life stories. A business man on his way to catch a train to London, A midwife going to the hospital to see what life she will help on her day at work, children going to be educated, in a good way at school or a life’s way among the busy shoppers. An old couple taking back their library books and sending their Grandchildren birthday gifts via the post office and a struggling Mother wondering where she will find a magic wand to wave over her shallow purse and produce more pennies to buy the weekly groceries. A couple in distress and a young girl going to choose an outfit to meet with her first love. For us, a blind couple facing real life and real difficulties, but with determination to achieve the almost impossible. All in a bus journey!

No comments: