translate

Tuesday 16 October 2012

THE HAUNTED


The haunted teen

I was talking to my American Mum by Skype the other day and the teen was sitting watching his American so called true life documentary’s that he loves. He was very calm, unlike the television, that was blasting as I was trying to talk to my dear borrowed Mum from the states. Hub was in the kitchen and suddenly the teen jumped out of his skin. He could not speak for about ten seconds and then I asked him what was wrong? He said in a calm but terrified voice

“I have just seen a ghost!” I knew not to laugh because of many reasons and calmly I asked him how did he know it was a ghost? He shivered as he said that it was a man in a pale blue fleece and he walked from the kitchen where my Husband was up the stairs. I thought, oh no, as  my Husband had just been to the Cathedral and I wondered if he brought any spirits back with him? I know I used to from the church I used to attend where I used to live and those ones were not always good ones. This new house of ours had no feelings of spooks so I really really hope it was his mind? I tried to make him not so afraid and told him it would be a reflection from a passing car, though I did not hear one as our windows are paper thin, but I tried to tell myself it could have been? He then told me that the pull down blinds were closed…..I guess that was a “Oopsy” moment?

“ Nothing has happened to  us and nothing has been seen since thank God.

Now then, the teen wants to go to a Halloween party and all week he has been talking about what outfit he will wear. Tonight he told me of his scary idea and believe me, it is scary and believe me again, it’s not happening?

“Mum! I have decided what I am going as to the Halloween party!” “Oh, really?” I shouted up the stairs. Thinking, this should be interesting?

“Ye, I’m going in my Calvin Kline boxers and a bowtie!”

“What?” I think not! I exclaimed. “You are joking son?

“No!” “Well,” I continued

“I know the sight of you in your boxers is a scary sight, but you are no way leaving this house in such a state!” As he laughed, I thought, he could go out in his jeans and top with a coat on to keep him warm and strip off around the corner? I mean, what has happened with the world? What happened to inflatable pumpkins and sheets for ghosts as well as pointy hats and brooms? 

I don’t think my Husband will be here for Halloween and if the little man is out too, I guess a quiet night in for me? I hate that as anyone could come to the door and you just don’t know who it is? I really don’t like Halloween and it has become sinister now. When Teen was a young boy I used to love it but in such a short time, things have changed. I would decorate the house and dress up as a witch, hahahaha, stop it? I remember one year, my friend Andria and I went out dressed as witches and the little kids as they were at the time were in their costumes. They knocked at the doors and we stood at the top of the drives, waiting for the little excited voices to run to us with their offerings. One moment I will not forget, a car pulled up behind us and shone his lights on us. I thought that was kind as the streets were dark, he was helping us to see? Hahahaha, if only he knew?

Well after a while, I thought

“Ok thank you nice man, but take over now? He stayed behind us, we kept waving him to go past us and he did not. After a while, we came in the house as he got on our nerves? Our husbands waited in the house with the smells of lovely homemade soup and onions came from the kitchen just as I was taking the baked potatoes out from the oven and the hot dogs were to be prepared, I heard laughter coming from the living room. I did not want to miss out on the fun, so I went to see what was happening.

My girlfriend was cringing as her Husband told me the reason why that car man was going slow, was because my friends outfit was totally see through and she was wearing no underwear… hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahlololol that still makes me laugh.
Ok, that has got me in the mood to look up some ideas for Halloween. Laters my spooky cookies. X

No comments: