translate

Monday 15 October 2012

PURPLE PALACE


A PURPLE PALACE

By Fiona Cummings

 

A purple palace

 Is where I live

 A world which bares no malice

My heart I’d like to give

Don’t fix my life

For it is without tare

How I got here

 I would like to share

With you by my side

I am without care

I need you daily

Throughout the year

Purple pictures

Upon my wall

Purple creatures

Line up in my hall

A purple milk jug

And a purple tea cup

A purple kettle

With a purple plug

A purple coaster

And a purple toaster

A purple plate

I have my breakfast

Must get ready for work

Can’t be late

Check the time on my purple clock

Write down notes of the day

On my writing block

Or thoughts will go away

Outside are my purple flock

Saying hello for the brand new day

Following purple pastures

Of life removed from disaster’s

Purple bells grow in my garden

Purple meadow’s I can not pardon

Though they are overgrown

I will not moan

Because purple is my favourite colour

From a purple pillow

To a purple flower

To a purple butterfly, who likes to hover

A purple bird

I know it’s absurd

But purple is my favourite colour

And things could be green, blue or red

To me it’s all the same as my colours are dead

So I remain in my purple life

As a colour free person who has  no sight

And here I will stay

Until my life turns on its light

Together in darkness, to see  is my plight

 In my purple world I will stay to fight

 

No comments: