translate

Monday 22 October 2012

A BLIND DREAM


A BLIND DREAM

A lot of people ask me how do blind people dream? Haha, like you, but we don’t see the same though? My Hub never could see,  and still can’t so he dreams  as he lives and see’s every day.  So not in darkness, as he does not see in darkness if you imagine looking out of your ears? Can you? Well this, is impossible to do, as it is impossible for a blind person to see in their dreams.

So how do they dream? They smell like you would, they hear like you would, they feel like you do, but they have no sight.   

So if they are for example walking, they feel edges of buildings to know where they are or feel the sensation with their white cane. I used to be partially sighted. So I now am blind and dream as I saw when I could see a little. So if I am looking at their  face, I see a tiny  bit of the face, like part of the nose or eye for example. I work my eyes around the face to see what the person looks like and the funny thing is, I could never see in the dark, so was impossible for me to walk anywhere by myself in the dark, in my dreams, I walk, run, drive a car even. But what do I see? Nothing at all. I have the sensation of driving or running and that is a funny one, as when I run, I don’t get the sensation of being free. I feel like there is an invisible wall pushing me back, forbidding me from feeling the freedom of being without chains! How do I drive in my dreams? I feel the driving seat beneath me and feel the wheel in my fingers and gear stick in the palm of my hand, I look in front of me but there is nothing there. I see the road in my head, like I see dreams, as I would if I was partially sighted.

 I can do all you can do in real life but don’t use my eyes, my husband was telling me that he was dreaming the other day about reading print, an yet he has never seen print and would not know what it looks like! So, what did he see?

Wouldn’t it be great if blind people could see with full sight when they dreamt? I tell you, I would be on sleeping tablets 24/7!

Next time you have a dream of flowers trees or the ocean, admire your dream, be grateful for the picture you see?

No comments: