translate

Thursday 11 October 2012

IS BLOOD THICKER THAN WATER? I DON'T THINK SO!


IS BLOOD THICKER THAN WATER?  NOT FOR ME!

What some people mean to me?

Those who know me know that I love animals much more than people and I have shocked people by saying if I passed a house that was on fire and there were people screaming who I did not know and a dog whimpering behind the smoldering glass of a window, I would save the dog if I could only save one thing. I am sure this will cause uproar, but I do not care. I have never been hurt by an animal but have been by people. There are those who mean the world to me though and you know who you all are? Two people, I would like to tell you about today are my so called parents from the States.

My Husband met a couple who found love late in life as had lost their partners for whatever or however, unfortunate circumstances. He was English and she was an American. My Husband kept in contact with them and I started to write to them veer email. The English man was by this time living in America with his wife. After many emails, I realized how much in common the lady and I had. She was an older version of me in so many ways. But she was also the person who I could espier to. She had a gift of light. An aurora of smiles and a need to be there for  others. She was a good kind lady and thank God still is.

We have since met on two occasions. They kindly invited us to their home in the U.S. Oh I was so excited and anxious too, as they knew my husband, a intelligent handsome individual, who  is full of charisma,  charming to the end of day. My Husband who took on the  world with pure and painless effort, in plodding through life’s traumas.

There was me, a nothing, a no one and a very week person who had lost their way many years previous. How would they take me? What on earth would they think of me?

Oh I cannot tell you that first day we met them at the airport. My teen who was not quite a teen at the time, hugged them as did my Husband! Me? I just stood smiling and they opened their arms, and held me like I was their long lost daughter, and from then on I felt like that.

There was a connection that was amazing and beautiful. I felt so much at peace with them and all the pains of life disappeared. The English gentleman, reminded me of a person  from the BBC broadcasting house, from the thirties. He speaks in an immaculate manner and his wise gentle voice plays an orchestra of the finest symphony.

I would be so lost without them. My heart aches for them every day. I feel so sad that so many miles part us. I need them in my life like a fish needs water and a flower requires sun!

I have my wonderful sisters and little brother, who are not blood to me but are part of me and now my American/English parents.

Thank you to them for caring and know I love you both so much. x

No comments: