translate

Sunday 14 October 2012

TASTING THE TOWN


 

Well we decided to go back into the town  to find our Indian restaurant. I could not believe how busy it was but with a total different clientele. Really the bus was full of teens and I mean thirteen and up. Crowds of young girls. I really can not get over parents these days? I know you never know what they are doing, I mean mine right now is supposedly at  a friend’s house, watching a movie? Is he? Who knows, he might be one of those kids, I just hope that I can trust him enough to be honest?

So where as through the day, the elder people see us coming and nine times out of ten, move out of our way. Young people? No, they stay still. We wait for them to move, they still stand still, we struggle to walk around them, only to find another young group and realize we cannot get past them even though we say excuse me? So we just push through them, letting them tut.

I thought there is no way we will find our restaurant, we have only been once with our friend who came to stay a few weeks ago and she found it for us.

Oh I left my little beauty in the house and my Hubby took his long chops to guide the two of us. Bless her, she is so sweet? It was really hard to find where we needed to go as the drunks even at teatime, were scary. How can you be so drunk at the time of half five?

We walked for what seemed miles. I kept asking my Hubby if he knew where we were going, he kept reassuring me he didn’t! “Oopsy?” We walked under trees, over bridges, across roads, passing all of the vans packing away the market stalls and  sounds of closed shutters from the shops ending their day of work. We walked into a grave yard instead of a  turn left, then we had to ask someone. You learn who   ask and a person, lady or gent, we at the time were not sure, but they had a baby’s pushchair, so you think they are not tourists. I  asked her where such and such street was and she pointed. Oh, we just walked some more and eventually, we came across a doorway where our long chops thought it would be a good idea to go in. We did, guess what? It was our Indian restaurant……She is the best and guess what? They were fully booked……

I thought it was because we had the dog, and Indian restaurants are not happy with dogs if they are Muslims, but as we left we heard the man telling another couple they were full till after nine. It was half five/six o clock. I could not believe they were full at that time? We were so deflated as we were really proud we found the place. We stood outside the restaurant and I just wanted to cry. So hard so very hard it was to find. So much work and concentration. Remembering every part we walked so we would remember how to get back. Then to be told there was no room? I  know I am writing the Nativity play this year for our church, but that was taking the mick?

Well, was there another Inn?  We  walked forever and down that street of a day, but had no idea where to go. People passed, traffic went home and shutters on shop windows closed. The dampness of the darkness fell upon us and the smells of the feasts to be had were everywhere, so difficult to  differentiate a restaurant from a shop to a church yard entrance.. All the smells of the restaurants lingered in the narrow streets, chacing us as though to tempt us to their places, but where were their places of culinary cooking? We stood and listened to sounds  which  made  no sense. We got lost bigtime, but we did not get ran over or trip and we had each other. A real team. I could tell that Pete was getting stressed as he felt as though he had failed me, but he found the Indian restaurant, just we should have booked it. In the end, we found a location we recognized. We asked questions and then went into the building.

It is a restaurant chain called A.S.K? I know that is how it is said, how it is written I am not sure? My word. Another blog. I will tell you about tomorrow.  Now must go and help to fill skip number nine, but we got home safely, after experiencing another bus story to be  told. Meanwhile stay well and  I will be back later.

No comments: