translate

Wednesday 10 October 2012

We did it!


 Wow, another day in the town. My Husbands suits had to be dry cleaned and they would not walk on their own. He fixed his IPhone and it gave us rough directions. I was terrified. Stepping out of the house is a huge challenge for me let alone go to town doing a rout we did not know. How would we know where the steps were? Which corner to turn, where were the corners? What bins would be in the way that /this day? What would we do if we got off at the wrong stop? How would we know if we were walking in the middle of a road, as sometimes there are no curbs and you just don’t know if you have walked on a road if you do not know the way. Well, we were with our guide dogs, my black beauty and my Husbands long chops. My husband’s dog has a tail like a fox. Huge bushy and so long. It wags all of the time too, she is so happy to work. Mine on the other hand says

“Mummy,  will there be a bed where we go?” She even lies down in a queue. Our bus came and we found a seat, without sitting on anyone this time.

Well on it was a mother with three children. Two of them should have been at school and the third one was a nightmare of a kid. The Mother kept telling the child to shut up or she would turn him around, so he could not see people. In the end, she did turn him around and he was not bothered, he kept crying, in a angry fashion. The louder the child got, the louder the Mother became. Saying things like

“I wished I had left you with your  Dad? Well it was really awful, as just before they got off, she stotted the kids head off the window. You should have heard the thud? I guess she would have a quiet shopping experience? The child made no sound as he was carried off the bus! I guess he was concussed?

Then it was our turn to get off. We were at the right stop. We first went to the dry cleaners. We walked about fifteen minutes. My heart once again was in my mouth Oh it was scarey. I really did not think we would find it. We went into a shop and asked if it was near, we were told close, just a bit further down. Went into another one, managing to find the door not the window? As sometimes, I do  look like a window cleaner.

 

This time it was a café. She said just across the road. Well the road was so busy and there was no crossing but in the distance, we heard a beeping so we took the opportunity and crossed, praying the cars would  not suddenly come speeding up. “Few, we made it. My Husbands long legged long chops wanted to go for a walk down some steps and we learned by listening that that was the way to the river. I can just see that one,

“This way Mummy and Daddy, careful of the steps?” Next thing we know, we have been walked on a boat. Well we resisted the temptations and went into a shop and asked if they knew of the dry cleaners as this shop had no smell, like you would imagine a washing place to have? So we asked if she knew where the dry cleaners was and she replied,

“You’re in it!” To which a cheer could be heard by my Husband and myself.

We did what we needed to do then the challenge of finding our way back, vie the Cornish pasty shop and the lovely café Rouge again, I was spoilt. The bus this time was easier to find as no road works and when we got on, I had time to reflect our day, still numbed by the shock that we actually managed to go somewhere where we did not have a clue in which direction we were to go. Passing all of the shops with their different smells, wondering, guessing, what shops they could be, wishing that we could see, so we could browse like anyone with sight, but greatful that we did the jobs we needed to do, so a chocolate orange muffin for the teen and a strong cup of tea when we safely returned home. Tomorrow? What does that have in store? I wonder if we should not get too cocky and chill at home, though my Husband back at work on Thursday and then on for weeks without a break. So let’s wait and see?

I hope you have a good day where ever you are and be grateful for small Mersey’s, as a little task like finding the dry cleaners, made us proud, so no matter what the challenge you face today, be proud of it. xxxxxx

No comments: