translate

Tuesday 30 October 2012

STUCK IN THE U.S


Stuck in the U.S

Well last night as hurricane Sandy hit the poor U.S, my heart in my mouth, I waited with bated breath for news of my Husband, who is there on business. Communications were slim and after trying all day to contact him by email and mobile, he called me. To hear his voice left me with a feeling of gratitude and relief. He was safe in his hotel, way up on the 16th floor. He could not get out of his room as he was in fear that the lifts would become disabled in the electric power cut. That was predicted.

Most of the staff had gone home earlier in the day as the rest of them stayed overnight in the hotel.

So until ten last night, he had no food from lunch time, then bless one of his colleagues and friends, came to his rescue from two floors below with snacks. Knowing the lovely man who was the hero of the night, I am sure he would think of it like a Boy Scout adventure, as he is a fun out door guy, who is always looking for the next challenge in life.

Sadly that friend will try to return to his family today, if flights will allow. Leaving my Hub to travel tomorrow to his next stage of the U.S on his own again.

I have another six days to stay in this state of worry. My teen said today it is telling on my face now the stress. Sitting nearby a phone at all times, in fear of missing a call to say  Hub is safe.

Few, really what a life?

Well I must go now, my teen has a sighted job to do for me, write a cheque for our monthly taxi bill, that my Hub uses for work.

I am not sure how much more of Teens music I can stand in this half term holiday? Must also get a tablet or three as my eyes are killing today, but my spirit is high and I am blessed with some beautiful friends and the knowledge that my Hub is safe, as is my teen and that was a close one yesterday, he almost got knocked over on one of our busy roads. Two foot of disaster, but we all survive another chance thank God. Laters my friends. With love x

No comments: