translate

Saturday 27 October 2012

THE COFFEE CUP


THE COFFEE CUP

I received a text the other day, asking if I would like to go for coffee, with a  new friend from  church? I gratefully excepted. Should I take my Black beauty, or my white cane? My cane will get stuck in every drain and the elastic will pull like Mamma’s spaghetti. My BB, will Poo on her way there, as  her party trick, is to do it as she walks! “No, I was to be as normal as possible, not to frighten my new friend off!”

So I left the teen with a couple of jobs and some home work to do. We walked there in the sleet, under her cornet like umbrella, as the wind had better ideas for our protection from the wet.

The walk is a easy one, if you can see, as quite streight and not many  roads to cross, but the  roads that there are to cross,  are a nightmare, as there is no beeps on the lights and the road forks off all directions and is on a roundabout,  so the cars can be heard from everywhere and you are not sure if they are coming to you or on another road. I could tell the poor thing was a little anxious about how she was to let me know where we were going, but as I told her I have friends who I have known for years, and they walk me into everything, so really to relax? She was great and we went for our coffee.

It was icy cold and last  night we had enough snow for the teen to come in with a snow ball for the dogs, till I chased him, half expecting him to throw it on me? Today was just sleet but like a November day. The warm smell of coffee lingered in the distance and made the bitter cold so very cosy!

We had a lovely coffee, cake and chat. It was surprising how much we had in common? She is a lovely person and for some  hours today, I felt human.

We got back home and the jobs I asked the teen to do had not been done, the leaves were still in the garden I  asked him to clear up and the homework is still there. Cracked my whip and he is doing at least the home work now.

I always used to tell the teen when he was a young lad, that when the snow came long before Christmas, it was because Santa, was coming to look to see where he needs to be on Christmas eve. Oh I loved the stories I used to tell him, I lived in the world of fantasy, and some would say I still do?

Well I don’t know what is connecting me with fantasy and my Hub, but I have done the first two nights without him, only nine more to go. Because of the time difference, it is hard to talk to him.

Oh my God, our canary, “Irish, of course?” Is going mental? It’s like he is stuck on a tune, like an old L.P that’s needle has stuck on one part of the song?

Hang on, just need to give it a nudge?

“Done!” Must go for now, but I hope you have a lovely weekend and I will talk to you soon, oh when I was having coffee with my friend, she was unaware that she reminded me about when I showed people around my house when it was up for sale, another blog….Will write that tomorrow, it is a funny one.

Laters my bloggets. xxx

No comments: