translate

Tuesday 9 October 2012

OLDER By Fiona Cummings


OLDER

By Fiona Cummings

 

 Look at you you young thing

Thinking you have the worries of the world upon your shoulders

Look at me you young thing

You think I am a fool because I am older

 Listen to me you young thing

My words they do forget

But take notice you young thing

Ignore and you may regret

For I have lived a thousand tails

And I have travelled a million trails

So young thing, look into my eyes  and what do you see

Do you witness a soul crying out to be free

Young thing, do not be cold

If I  put out my hand, it is there for you to hold

If you see me struggle to pull out a chair

I have done that to show you I  want you there

Just give me some of your precious time

Do this for me to show you care

You young thing, you have a fresh mind

Don’t be unkind

Learn from me

Listen to me

Then you will know what I see

And one day young thing

You will be me

No comments: