translate

Thursday 25 July 2013

WORDS THROUGH THE NIGHT


I must go to bed as it’s about three in the morning. My Son has to be up in three hours for another very long day at work and my Husband ten minutes after that, for a long day in London. I shall make them breakfast before work and then go back to bed. My favourite time to sleep, when everyone else, is getting up.

I wonder you know, if my sleep pattern stems from boarding school? The dread and fear of the horrid so called house mother, who used to come in every morning just after seven to screech our names, to wake us from our sleep.

I just hated those words. “Good morning girls.

Our first house Mother at our first school was a real dragon. A sinister person. I wrote about her when we met her after many years? My Husband was really funny with her…

My second boarding school, she was not so nasty. An old lady, who had a heart, just it was clothed in ice. The first dragon person, used to say our names and we had to answer individually, the second, just used to shout Good morning girls, and we all collectively had to respond. God help us if we weren’t cheerful?

So now, as psychologists would say, I go to bed when I wasn’t allowed as a child. So it’s kind of a rebellious moment.

I’ve never thought about it until now.

 I’m kind of sticking the two fingers up at my old society.

Well, as I said, Teen worked yesterday from mid day, till half past ten at night. So ten and a half hours.

Today, he starts at seven this morning and finishes at half five tea time.

He has worked every day since his girl Bunches has been away.

Right, now then loads to chat about today.

First I went out with my friend Beany. Oh we always have a lovely time. We are just so at ease with each other. We went furniture hunting. We tried out all of the sofas, the ones which lay back. Some of them were really odd and my friend laughed when I said

“Oh no, I don’t like that one, it’s a nana sofa.

Oh it was though. Really like what my Nana used to own.

Then she said, I had to try the purple one?

It was a round sofa, which lay backwards. Oh incredibly comfortable, but where would we put such a thing? You could not put it in your lounge, as the shape of it belongs in a huge room, right in the middle of it. Also, because it would not sit upright, your guests would be on their backs as they spoke to you over a coffee? Hahaha.

Oh but the coffee tables, they were amazing. Beany said she would come back, with Hub and myself.

Gosh, what a difference in her car? I mean, for us to go, on the bus it would be two busses and so much stress and waiting? It would take for a ten minute drive, about an hour at least to get there by bus.

I looked at some wall paper too. And I bought a garden heater. Beany and I sat on a garden swing and were like a couple of school girls giggling away as we swung.

The sofa we can afford is black. I wanted a colour, but I guess with three beasty girls in black, that would be a sensible colour?

Came back and Hub had the dogs ready to rush to the doctors with me.

I told you about my blocked ear?

Well the Doctor said my left ear was incredibly blocked and my right 90% blocked. So needing to see, and to see, I need to hear. I was in the room about fifty seconds.

She told me I would have to wait up to six weeks to get fixed? How ridiculous is that? At my old doctors, ten days, she did say she would try her best to prioritise me, but still would be some weeks and still could, be six. Then I would have to go to the hospital as they don’t do it at our surgery. Mad, with a capital M!

We left there and I’m delighted to say, my Wagga was perfect. I knew we would have trouble bringing her home, but going there, was absolutely wonderful, if we forget the fact I misjudged a step and she didn’t stop, as she only stops when I tell her to.

Hub and I found ourselves suffering from that disease, “can’t go past!

Can’t go past our local Chinese restaurant. So we did lunch and it was wonderful.

We had a light tea and enjoyed our company of each other, though my Husband worked till after six, to make up for the hour he took out at lunch time. Even though he is entitled to a lunch break, he never takes more than fifteen minutes normally. He works from home, but is very strict about his hours.

So now to decide what colour I am having our lounge and what to do with the walls. Paint them all, or paper. Or paper one wall, and paint the rest? In what colour I wonder?

I’m obsessed by red as you older Bloggets may know.

Later with love.

 

No comments: