translate

Tuesday 2 July 2013

HE GOT HIS B


Just had lunch, dealt with a few phone calls today, not pleasure but work.

My shopping arrived and apart from one item, its all in place. The one item? Well, I am going to have to ask teen what to do with it, as it has bamboozled me.

I shall let you know later what it was.

Teen just text me and for one of his exams, that he took out of the schools curriculum, he has received a B for. So this is great as this one caused us the most stress.

It is some sort of biology to do with the human body.

All I know is when he read me the very few questions; I was completely lost, though when it comes to any ology apart from my number one subject, psychology, I’m always lost.

For lunch, I had my favourite. French bread stick, with humus. Oh I love it.

My love  had a Panini and coffee at a nearby café to his office in the Capital.

I received an important call before, one that I couldn’t be interrupted by. As I was talking, my mobile went, the door bell rang and I had to cut the call short, which was not very good, but because I gave the person a good result, I think she was happy.

As I answered the door, to my shopping delivery, my postman came and then the house phone rang again as well as the mobile again. All in two minutes.

Now I sit here before I tackle the domestic engineering I need to do, with the dreadful smell pouring through the walls.

At first I thought it was a fire.

When you can’t see, and you think your house is on fire, it’s not a good feeling. Trying to listen to the possible sounds of crackling flames over a ill bird, a dog with loud bells, doing her impression of a cow and another dog tip tap tapping along the wooden floors.

Well, now I have decided if it were a fire, I would have known about it by now?

I have realised, it is the horrible smell coming from our neighbours.

Now I have smelt this before. It is absolute garlic. I don’t know how much, but, I guess a field load of bulbs.

Oh it’s awful. I mean, we are detached and I can smell it in our house without windows open?

The last time the lady was cooking this dish, I could smell it on my skin.

Most times she cooks, it is delicious, not this dish?

Oh I will never forget when a very stupid woman, decided to put some toast in my toaster. Long story, but anyway, when she left, my Son, was in his high chair an my dog in the garden. She was a pet dog, not a guide dog.

My smoke alarm went off and I knew there must be a fire as I could smell burning and when I listened with care, I could hear the flames. I followed the flames and grabbed our fire extinguisher, squirted it in the direction of the flames and grabbed my baby and dog, ran next door and thank God she was in, she said it was out, so all OK?

Turned out to be the awful health visitor we had at the time, not long after I had my baby. She decided that my son was not having enough for breakfast. I told her I have tried and he wouldn’t eat. She would not believe me, so she put toast in the toaster to prove me wrong. Well as she  gave him his first slice, that got made into a pancake by baby teen, she put another one in the toaster and left telling me to make  him eat it?

When my x husband took the toaster apart, he found out, the fool, had put the toast in with one of those cheese slices? Well, that is bad enough, but, the cheese slice had its cellophane still on.

I tell you now, she never came back.

Only in the past year, my teen has eaten breakfast. I used to have to make him eat something before school, but he hated it.

Oh going to take my mind off this smell and do some housework. With love. x

No comments: