translate

Monday 22 July 2013

ALL WRAPPED UP


As we wait for our Princess Kate, to have her royal baby, I am pleased to say, it is cooler again today, though still red hot. London is to have tempratures of 33dgs today. I am getting excited about our little holiday now. Looking through my robe today, seeing all the clothes I never wear, as too nice for cleaning toilets, grooming dogs and washing floors? Ha. I will get chance to dress like a lady, aposed to a  housewife. Though, dressing like a housewife, is more comfortable, as long as you are not all chilled and your neighbour ends up in your garden? Hahaha.

I went to the shop today with Wagga. My boy was going to be there. How would he respond to his Mum?

Well, Wagga did good going, the monkeys are still at our zoo. I thought they would have broken up for the holidays; they were all out in the playground. Oh I would never want to be a child again. Listening to the painful past times of playground patter, I really don’t envy children. They are just so cruel to each other?  It is all about who wants what. Who are top dog and the one who dominates.

The playground can be the harshest place during school time I think.

So on my way to the shop. Thank God, the shrubs in our street, have been cut back, but there is a nasty one on the main road, with spiky gripping fingers, waiting to tare at my skin.

We got there OK, considering my right ear, is blocked and I can only hear from my left. To get it unblocked here is a blooming nightmare. They don’t do it at our local doctors. We have to go there first, then wait for a referral to our hospital, and that comes through the post.

Madness. When you can’t see, you really need your hearing.

I went in the shop and an assistant came to help. My boy was there, and said hello. He sounded so tired bless him. He has worked since seven today. The guy who showed  me around, said he was pleased with the teen, and commented how many hours he had  done. 44 in a week.

Then time to come out. Oh, Lordie? Wagga was a nightmare. I got into a state. Just asked myself why? Teen could have brought what I wanted in, but then it is not good for my mind.

Having said that, the fear I went through on the way back was not good for my heart, but once I got Wagga on the right track, which took some doing, having to walk back to where we came from, to get my Barings, we did it. Once we got past the part she never likes to work, she was OK. I am sure there is something that scares her around there, it  could be the children or the field, but I also think there is something else? She is a really scared dog. Poor baby. Mind not as scared as her Mummy!

As we crossed a  road though, there was a car pulling into the side road. Wagga stopped. She froze. A great girl, if the car had not stopped, and she had not, well, a squashed Fi.

I didn’t even hear it. This is what I mean about my ear. Not only is it blocked, it is ringing.

The van had a quiet engine. So she was good. Then I did not hear the electric box on the right on the way back, so didn’t know when to turn right into our street? Wagga did. She took over. My old Black beauty, always had to be told every move. She would not go where I did n’t instruct, so would not have turned right, unless I said “Find right?” But Wagga did. Thank God.

I got into my street and just  kept walking until I thought we were opposite our house. Wagga also thought it was time to cross over, so the two of us were a team.

She  got to the front door, mine, thank God? Not a unsuspecting neighbor’s house? Ha. Done that before.

Came in and I was so relieved. Oh I am really pathetic I know, such a simple thing like that, and I am in a real state.

I am just week. But, I did it and after a strong cup of tea, I’m rather proud, but I just wish to God, I could walk and be like my brave Husband? Perhaps that will come in time? It’s only been four years really since I have done things like shops on my own.

I used to take my son to school and that was that.

I made Teen a tuna wrap with olives and tomatoes, onions and peppers with beetroot. Hot in the oven. He came home for lunch and loved it. Off he went again, for another four hours.

Hub working in the office upstairs today and tonight, he is off to the city, for an evening meeting.

It’s so good to have him home for more than a month. I love it. I turn over in bed at night and there is someone there, ha, that sounds bad? Not anyone, but my Husband.

OK, that subject I was  going to chat about, the one I mentioned yesterday? I shall go and write it now. Later gators. x

No comments: